Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Larry's trip to his first show. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7332)

Rich Knapp 09-16-2011 06:29 AM

Larry's trip to his first show.

4 Attachment(s)
Heres a background:
Larry ( ldwelding )
43 years old
X-military and general power lifter.
Diabetic
Heart attack a few years ago.

Starting out 220 lbs.

This is his trip to his first bodybuilding show training under WNBF Rich Knapp.

Carl1174 09-16-2011 06:34 AM

Subbed for sure...

I am 'In like Flynn' on this...

Are you going to be posting much about nutrition, routines etc etc Rich ?

Carl.

Rich Knapp 09-16-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 171410)
Subbed for sure...

I am 'In like Flynn' on this...

Are you going to be posting much about nutrition, routines etc etc Rich ?

Carl.

Yes I will. More after the Buckeye. notes, pics and vids. First time back leg w/o, Larry made it up to 200lbs. for 10 on these. Could have gone higher but a couple week to re-enter the water slowly. ;)
Bench (Box) Squats - Video

Carl1174 09-16-2011 06:43 AM

awesome :rockon:

Carl.

kitarpyar 09-16-2011 08:13 AM

Awesome Rich. Looking forward to the updates, routines and diet.

When is the show? And how do you guys plan to go about it in terms of a target weight class? Select some kind of a target weight class based on current weight and BF% measurements, or just go with the flow until he is close to the competition?

BendtheBar 09-16-2011 08:32 AM

Best of luck Rich. Will be following along.

Rich Knapp 09-16-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 171431)
Awesome Rich. Looking forward to the updates, routines and diet.

When is the show? And how do you guys plan to go about it in terms of a target weight class? Select some kind of a target weight class based on current weight and BF% measurements, or just go with the flow until he is close to the competition?

We are bring him down till Jan. Then after muscle memory and dropping some fat, in Jan we will re evaluate things and see were he falls for his show.
Setting a weight and such for the show now would be insane being he is just starting back on weights after a few month lay off. ;) I don't set a weight in stone. You go by the mirror. We will use his LBM as a guide for nutrition intake. I will check this every month to see how much comes back with the muscle memory and make adjustments. his LBM comes up 191 right now (7 point pinch so add 4% to body fat % it will be lower LBM ) but the more you cut the more accurate it becomes as you loose the fat variable %.

Due to variables I have him on 191 pro, 135 carb and 60 fats. I will be looking at this in 2 weeks and adjusting more accurately.
Present sups Whey Protein and Kre-Alkalyn, Multi "V".

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 171439)

:rockon:

Rich Knapp 09-16-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 171439)

We will be cranking the weight up in 2 weeks. The timing is great I order the Db's on 6th so I'll have them before the 14th.

Right now we are low weight higher reps around the 20 set range. Till he is back in the swing and used to the lifts again and the RK style w/o's. ;)

Rich Knapp 09-19-2011 10:35 AM

Larry is down 10 lbs to 210 since we started 1 week ago. A high % of this was water retention lost from increasing to a gallon of water a day.

Today we lower the sets and increase the weights a bit.

Rich Knapp 09-19-2011 12:09 PM

Great training day. Chest and Tri's. 12 total sets.

Highlights: Larry pulled a 205 x 1 Bb Flat press set 5. (he could have done more but I stopped him)

Finished off with 7 min's cardio.