Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Recipe Thread (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6750)

ONpump17 07-10-2011 07:09 PM

Recipe Thread

Post your personal recipes here. Fancy, Simple, Clean, Dirty, it doesn't matter!

ONP Tuna Patties

2 eggs
one tin of flaked tuna
rice
oats
seasonings

drain tuna
mix eggs and tuna. Add enough rice and oats that the mixture can be made into patties and fried up in a pan. Add seasonings. (I use : onion powder, garlic powder, cut-up onion, cayenne pepper, chili powder, Parmesan & herb mix, chili sauce, ground up flax seed, black pepper, and some sugar) make patties and cook each for a few minutes per side.

Before
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7118182_n.jpg

After
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7800573_n.jpg

mab54 07-10-2011 07:31 PM

Protein Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 large pancake
Ingredients
3 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
1 Cup of Oatmeal
1 tsp of Cinnamon
Optional Ingredients
1⁄4 Cup of Blueberries
1 Ounce of Walnuts
1⁄4 Cup of Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
To Make…
Blend egg whites, egg, oatmeal and cinnamon together. Spray skillet with cooking spray and pour mixture like a normal pancake. Cook on medium heat. When bubbles arise, add blueberries or walnuts and flip pancake. Cook for another minute or so. Serve with warm sugar free syrup.

Nutritional Value
No Nuts, Berries or Syrup
Calories: 418
Fat: 11
Carbohydrates: 55
Protein: 28
With Syrup Only
Calories: 453
Carbohydrates: 67
With Syrup and Walnuts
Calories: 653
Fat: 30
Carbohydrates: 70
Protein: 33
With Syrup and Blueberries
Calories: 468
Carbohydrates: 71

This is not mine but I love it. I put vanilla extract, cinnamon, and splenda.

Chillen 07-10-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONpump17 (Post 151584)
Post your personal recipes here. Fancy, Simple, Clean, Dirty, it doesn't matter!

ONP Tuna Patties

2 eggs
one tin of flaked tuna
rice
oats
seasonings

drain tuna
mix eggs and tuna. Add enough rice and oats that the mixture can be made into patties and fried up in a pan. Add seasonings. (I use : onion powder, garlic powder, cut-up onion, cayenne pepper, chili powder, Parmesan & herb mix, chili sauce, ground up flax seed, black pepper, and some sugar) make patties and cook each for a few minutes per side.

This recipe is flat awesome! (except the sugar, right now, which I will just exclude or add in Splenda), and cooking spray to fry.

Awesome post, young man!:rockon:

ONpump17 07-10-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillen (Post 151600)
This recipe is flat awesome! (except the sugar, right now, which I will just exclude or add in Splenda), and cooking spray to fry.

Awesome post, young man!:rockon:

Thanks! the original was something I found online a long time ago, and recently found it printed while cleaning up my room.

BendtheBar 07-10-2011 09:48 PM

Salsa quinoa chicken.

Easy, healthy, tasty.

Boil one cup quinoa in 2 cups water. Add in a can of chicken, 1/2 diced onion, green chiles or jalapeno peppers, and a cup of your favorite salsa.

Quinoa is one of the healthiest grains on the planet, is high in protein and is super easy to cook.

This recipe wasd a go to for me when I was a "carb" guy. I would make 5 meals on a Sunday in no time.

kitarpyar 07-10-2011 10:01 PM

Tandoori chicken

1 Attachment(s)
Marinade the chicken for few hrs in yoghurt, paprika, tandoori mix, red chilli powder, olive oil. Put in the oven at 425 for 45-50 minutes, turning it over every 10-15 minutes and bast it as needed.

Garnish with coriander, squeeze some lime.

I suppose better and more detailed recipes should be easily available online, but this is pretty much what I do and here's what you get.

And yeah, the whole chicken, with the bones is a much better bet than the boneless chicken breasts.

Attachment 3133

BendtheBar 07-10-2011 10:17 PM

Turbo oatmeal.

Instant oatmeal in the microwave. Mix in one scoop of protein powder, instant coffee grounds, and diced fruit of choice. You can even add a small amount of dark chocolate, or dark chocolate covered almonds if you like fruit and chocolate together.

You may also add a slight amount of heavy cream if you are a hardgainer and need calls.

Chillen 07-10-2011 10:18 PM

Not in the dietary plan at the moment, but will be later:

Chocolate whey powder-Oatmeal Bars (with Natural Peanut Butter)

3/4 cup Splenda or sugar if you prefer(or suite to taste)
2 eggs
2 scoops whey powder
1 cup Natural Peanut Butter (crunchy or creamy, or what is preferred)
1/2 cup "Smart Balance" Butter
3 tsp of veggie oil (makes it moist, has good fats)
1 cup mashed bananas (optional--try without first)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (real vanilla not the imitation)
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3-4 cups old fashioned oats (or the quick type would work)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, Stir in Splenda, the eggs, cocoa, vanilla, NPB, oil, Smart balance butter, beating well, and set to one side.

In a separate bowl, sift together (healthy) flour, baking soda and salt. grab the other bowl, and stir in creamed mixture. Stir in oats. Pour into prepared pan.

I use very small loaf pans and make mini breads out of them (I dont know what size they are). But I would reccommend a 9x5 inch pan (with non stick spray), and then bake about 20 or so minutes (keep an eye on it, its is best when the middle is still a little soft and sort of liquidity. It will cool with a very moist middle. Additionally, enure you put the remaining in a plastic container with an air tight lid.......while hot (You know when it has cooled but is a little warm yet. This tends to keep the inner moist and sort of chewy).......

Peace and happiness,

Chillen

kitarpyar 07-10-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 151629)
Turbo oatmeal.

Instant oatmeal in the microwave. Mix in one scoop of protein powder, instant coffee grounds, and diced fruit of choice. You can even add a small amount of dark chocolate, or dark chocolate covered almonds if you like fruit and chocolate together.

You may also add a slight amount of heavy cream if you are a hardgainer and need calls.

Back in the days I used to take protein powder, I would often mix heavy whipping cream with a couple of scoops of chocolate flavored protein powder. Good way to down 600+ calories with 50+gms of protein. Ready in a minute, consumed within a minute. 2 minutes and a good amount of calories consumed.

BendtheBar 07-10-2011 10:21 PM

Bulking pudding.

My pre-bed snack...

--One box large fat free, sugar free instant pudding (150 cals)
--3 cups whole milk (about 450 cals)
--One scoop protein powder of choice (110 cals)

Satisfies like ice cream, but without all the sugar.

One large bowl has about 710 cals and 50 grams of protein.