Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Diet is everything mantra (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600)

BendtheBar 08-30-2009 07:16 AM

Diet is everything mantra
 
I see a lot of young lifters proclaiming from the mountain tops that "diet is everything!"

That sounds good in bodybuilding magazines, but I don't believe it.

Progressive of weight is "everything". Without a proper training program that pushes for more weight on the bar, you are in trouble. Eating a perfect diet can't help you if your effort is sub-par.

I don't know why so many young guys believe they can basically do whatever in the gym, and be OCD about diet, and think they can gain muscle. You will gain some, but not much.

This wasn't on the MAB forum, btw. I just tend to see it quite often on other major BB diet forums.

swoleramon 08-30-2009 08:31 AM

I've always been told that diet is the most important thing.

beam 08-30-2009 10:49 AM

I agree. Sub-par training can't be balanced by a super clean diet.

rippednmichigan 08-30-2009 12:43 PM

I feel diet is a big part of the equation, you are right though, you need progression of weight but you def need proper nutrition for muscles to grow and develop also.

jwood 08-30-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 3881)
I see a lot of young lifters proclaiming from the mountain tops that "diet is everything!"

That sounds good in bodybuilding magazines, but I don't believe it.

Progressive of weight is everything. Without a proper training program that pushes for more weight on the bar, you are in trouble. Eating a perfect diet can't help you if your effort is sub-par.

I don't know why sop many young guys believe they can basically do whatever in the gym, and be OCD about diet, and think they can gain muscle. You will gain some, but not much.

This wasn't on the MAB forum, btw. I just tend to see it quite often on other major BB diet forums.

I definitely agree with you here MAB for young lifters. I am definitely a product of this i never ate anything near a good diet until about a year ago. I was a teenager that never ate fruit or vegetables but I worked my ass off in the gym and got stronger than all of my friends who thought diet was more important.

Don't get me wrong now that I have gotten a little older I understand the importance of nutrition and it has helped me push through a ton of plateaus. For the beginner lifter though I think hard work in the weight room is just as important as a good diet. Just my opinion though, and diet is huge.

BendtheBar 08-30-2009 06:05 PM

Yeah, that's the thing...you can grow on a sub-par diet if you are eating enough calories and lifting heavy. But you can't grow on a perfect diet if your workout stinks.

I saw one lifter on a forum telling another that the 3 egg yolks he was eating 2 hours pre-workout were bad, and would pose a problem for him in the workout.

Really? It's all about egg yolks? And not about the workout? It's all about 6 grams of saturated fat?

bwys61 09-01-2009 09:49 PM

these youngsters arent concerned about growth, they are concerned about shape. and they are right. IF you want to see your muscular physique better, diet is everything.

What they don't know is that it looks even better when they learn to grow

BendtheBar 09-02-2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwys61 (Post 4094)
these youngsters arent concerned about growth, they are concerned about shape. and they are right. IF you want to see your muscular physique better, diet is everything.

What they don't know is that it looks even better when they learn to grow

You're 100% correct. It's all about getting ripped with many of them. Nothing wrong with that.

bwys61 09-02-2009 09:16 AM

whats wrong with that is the impression that it takes drugs to get ripped because it says so in a magazine somewhere, and most of them have no clue of what they are doing int the weightroom


Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 4105)
You're 100% correct. It's all about getting ripped with many of them. Nothing wrong with that.


BendtheBar 09-02-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwys61 (Post 4137)
whats wrong with that is the impression that it takes drugs to get ripped because it says so in a magazine somewhere, and most of them have no clue of what they are doing int the weightroom

That's true. Bodybuilding magazines do a wonderful job of confusing naturals. They believe in high volume, no egg yolks, and supplements out the ass.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.