Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Robs quest for strength and mass! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5818)

Ripped64 04-09-2011 04:19 AM

Robs quest for strength and mass!

Hey everyone, starting a log here to get the motivation and *hopefully* support and tips i need to get stronger and bigger :ms:.

Little info on myself.

My names Rob, im 18 (well, 19 next week) and iv been lifting for around 2.5 years. About 18 months of this time has been with the knowledge of a good diet and good form.
Iv found my upper body lifts are alot stronger than my lower, and i want to correct this and make my squats as strong (and then some) compared to my bench.

Current maxes -
Bench Press = 135kg.
Deadlift = 170kg.
Squat = 115kg :(
Push Press = 90kg.

As you can see my Squat and even Deadlifts are lagging way behind. My goals for the short term future are -

Bench press = 140kg (3PPS)
Deadlifts = 180kg (4PPS)
Squat = 150kg (3.2PPS)
Push Press = 100kg (2PPS)

Im currently on a cut, i started 4 weeks ago at 91.5kg and am currently sitting between 88.5-89.3kg depending. My goal is to lose another inch of my stomach from 35" to 34" and then il be getting back into a long term clean bulk to hopefully reach around 100kg big and strong.

Hopefully some people follow and can help me along my journey. :biglifter:

Carl1174 04-09-2011 04:23 AM

Welcome along Rob, you have great numbers for a 19 year old. Very strong pushing and pulling.

Squats will soon move up now you are here mate, try to get some vids and the guys on here will put you right.

Its all about the SQUATS here buddy :mh:

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out for you buddy :)

carl.

Ripped64 04-09-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 128078)
Welcome along Rob, you have great numbers for a 19 year old. Very strong pushing and pulling.

Squats will soon move up now you are here mate, try to get some vids and the guys on here will put you right.

Its all about the SQUATS here buddy :mh:

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out for you buddy :)

carl.

Thanks Carl, i was told this place is the place for the more dedicated to come and i can't wait!
Il get a video of a set of squats next leg day. Im sure there will be alot for you pro's to pick up on, and i can't wait to start improving them!

Carl1174 04-09-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripped64 (Post 128082)
Thanks Carl, i was told this place is the place for the more dedicated to come and i can't wait!
Il get a video of a set of squats next leg day. Im sure there will be alot for you pro's to pick up on, and i can't wait to start improving them!

For sure mate, non e of the 'brah crap' here buddy and I havent seen 1 thread dedicated to biceps or abs since ive been here, just big strong knowledgeable guys lifting :)

Carl.

BendtheBar 04-09-2011 05:44 AM

Numbers look real good. Congrats on the current progress made during your cut. Looking forward to seeing you hit your goals and then some.

big_swede 04-09-2011 06:16 AM

Good #'s and good luck in achieving your goals!! In for the log

rippednmichigan 04-09-2011 07:48 AM

Welcome to the forum bro, and whats with us guys named Rob that we choose screen names like ripped lol:rockon:

bigtim27 04-09-2011 08:05 AM

YES!!!! whats up Rob welcome to MAB buddy

Ripped64 04-09-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 128084)
For sure mate, non e of the 'brah crap' here buddy and I havent seen 1 thread dedicated to biceps or abs since ive been here, just big strong knowledgeable guys lifting :)

Carl.

Good to hear, im more worried about the important stuff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 128085)
Numbers look real good. Congrats on the current progress made during your cut. Looking forward to seeing you hit your goals and then some.

Thanks Steve, i think my progress is stopping as of late. I may have to put it on hold for the next week or so while i get the last of my partying for a LONG time out of my system over my birthday. Then the real progress begins!

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_swede (Post 128089)
Good #'s and good luck in achieving your goals!! In for the log

Good to hear, thanks for following!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 128098)
Welcome to the forum bro, and whats with us guys named Rob that we choose screen names like ripped lol:rockon:

I guess we are just that cool :thrasher:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtim27 (Post 128105)
YES!!!! whats up Rob welcome to MAB buddy

Thanks Tim! Im pretty keen to start lifting like the big boys!!

dmaipa 04-09-2011 10:51 AM

Do work!