Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cutting water - help from EXPERIENCED lifters!! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5359)

sneezingstardust 02-03-2011 09:31 AM

Cutting water - help from EXPERIENCED lifters!!

I had THOUGHT I was 133, but it turns out the batteries needed to be changed in my goddamn scale. I actually weigh 137 and that depresses me just slightly, haha. I will be doing an actual cut down to 125 at the beginning of March, but right now I don't have time for that.

So, my meet is on the 26th of February, and it's pretty important to me that I get into the 132 class, but I also can't afford to lose strength. I'd be able to maybe drop a lb. or two of actual fat over the next few weeks, but not much more.

Does anyone have help for this?

BendtheBar 02-03-2011 11:41 AM

Bump

BendtheBar 02-03-2011 06:45 PM

Double bump.

Abaddon 02-03-2011 08:18 PM

This is kind of embarrassing... no one can help Sneezy with this??

sneezingstardust 02-03-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 113050)
This is kind of embarrassing... no one can help Sneezy with this??

I haz a sad. :( I guess no one has ever cut water weight before a comp!

CoopDawg 02-03-2011 08:25 PM

sneezy, wish i had more information on this topic i would sure try n help ya

rippednmichigan 02-03-2011 08:31 PM

I would say Rich would be the expert here.

Mombow111 02-03-2011 08:37 PM

Well, the easiest way to do so would be to drink purely fruit juice (or water) and run a lot (long distance), esp. right before the weigh in time. I think a lot of this gibber gabber about strength loss is bull crap... I've fasted 5 days before and my lifts were stronger if nothing else. Just go in with a positive attitude and an empty gut and you should be fine.

I probably should append that I'm not really a competitive lifter, I just like experimenting and that what I wrote up are based on observations I made myself about myself so you might want to take it with a grain of salt.

You could also try a protein modified sparing fast if something more mild is your cup of tea (I like ~<Body Weight for protein and as much brocolli as you can eat without appearing a glutton.)

AdamF 02-03-2011 09:54 PM

I have a suggestion, but it may or may not be legal depending on the fed you are competing in.

Try an ECA stack (without the A though). This is of course if you are ok to be using OTC supplements to help you. Anyways, go to CVS or Walgreens pharmacy section and ask for a box of Bronkaid. Make sure it is the bigger box with 60 caps. Then pick up a bottle of No-Doz that is also a 60ct bottle. This should cost no more than $20 and last you 20-30 days depending on how often you take it.

General recommendation is 2-3 times a day take one cap of each. You will be a little warmer than normal, which is fine because it is the winter, but you will be burning fat. I just finished my first box and have dropped 5-10lbs since Jan 1.

If you just want to lose water weight fast, just take the No-Doz. The caffeine is a diuretic and you will lose a lot of water quite fast.

Hope this helps. Also I don't want to start a OTC vs natural debate, just giving her another option.

Bodybygamma 02-03-2011 10:07 PM

Sneezy i got you

I just cut from 252 to 241.4 and set the world record squat, so I got you. Busy now, will pm you on fb, then make my advice into an article. Anyone need tips or tricks just pm me.