Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Results at my first PL meet (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4852)

jslep 12-05-2010 04:19 PM

Results at my first PL meet

anyone who has been following my log knows i have been training to compete at my first PL meet yesterday so i figured i would let you boys know how i did and what i thought.

first off i competed in the 165lb open class against 3 other competitors. 3 of us doing a full meet with one guy just doing push/pull.

first lift was squats

1st place was 350
2nd place was 335 (this was my lift)
3rd place was 265

second lift was bench

1st place was 275 (this was my lift)
2nd place was 270
3rd place was 250
4th place was 225

last lift was deads

1st place was 435 (this was my lift)
2nd place was 430
3rd place was 350
4th place was 315

i took first place in the overall with a lift total of 1045. it felt great to actually compete against other people and come out on top. i am a extreme competitor and really don't like to do things unless i can win and with only six months to really train and get ready for this and cutting close to 30lbs last month to make this weight i am extremely happy with my results.

this was a long and exhausting day. it was about 5 hrs from the time i did my first lift in squat till the time i did my last lift in the deads which was what i was.......DEAD!! i had managed to strain just about every muscle in my entire body going for the win in the deadlift. all in all i had a great time and probably will compete again but right now i'm going to switch my mind set to bodybuilding and competing in april in ohio. that is where my heart truly lies and all this heavy lifting has truly added some size on my frame this year and i can't way to see the results.

BendtheBar 12-05-2010 04:23 PM

Nice work Jslep. What were your 3 squat attempts?

A powerlifting and bodybuilding comp in a year's time. Which do you feel was your favorite?

bamazav 12-05-2010 04:29 PM

Congrats on winning.

jslep 12-05-2010 04:31 PM

my 3 attempts were.....

315 (fail)
335 which i destroyed

i was so nervous and knees were clanging together i'm surprised i could squat the bar. i sank the first one to the floor thinking i had someone to call my depth which didn't happen. so nerves got the better of me. even my second attempt sucked but my third after i had one looked and felt like i could have put another 20-30 on and still rocked it out. this is my weak point and something i have been working hard on. just six months ago after my BBing show i couldn't do 225 and to get 335 on paper in a meet was huge for me. actually getting all my lifts on paper in a meet is something i'm really proud of. now i don't just have to talk about how much i can lift or how well i could do like some cheesy E-stat kinda guy. i now have all lifts on paper in a meet where its tough to keep your self together. i feel real good about that.

jslep 12-05-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 98078)
Congrats on winning.

thanks man!

gaspers04 12-05-2010 04:39 PM

Congrats Brother!!! Great job!!

jslep 12-05-2010 04:41 PM

thanks G! maybe in a few more years i'll quit this BBing gig and bulk up to the 220 class and maybe give some of your #'s a shot.

jslep 12-05-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 98075)
Which do you feel was your favorite?

my wife wants me to bulk only and just PL but my heart is in bodybuilding. it always has been since i was in my teens. the whole rush i get from being on stage and posing is just something i couldn't walk away from at this point.

glwanabe 12-05-2010 04:47 PM

Way to go Jason. That really kicks butt!!

jslep 12-05-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 98089)
Way to go Jason. That really kicks butt!!

thanks GL!! hopefully there's one in your future as well.