Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Macro of Cal counting. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4681)

Rich Knapp 11-14-2010 05:50 PM

Macro of Cal counting.

Which do you do and why?

BendtheBar 11-14-2010 08:02 PM

I count calories. I've been doing it so long it's simply second nature. I've never counted fats. My strategy is to get in the right amount of calories and protein, and usually I find that my carbs and fats fall in place naturally after that.

I will say though that while cutting I have to watch my fats as I tend to undereat them.

Rich Knapp 11-16-2010 03:54 PM

I'm a macro guy. I find for me it is easier to hit my right combination of fats-pro-carbs for keeping my muscle and yet burn fat.

PCT 11-16-2010 04:01 PM

I was just trying to plan out my next clean diet for the new year and i was having a difficult time coming up with one... i wanted to get between 3000-3500 cals at least 1 gram protein per lbs. of lbm....

got any ideas guys... i thought about just counting cals... but i think i would get enough proetin that way

Rich Knapp 11-16-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCT (Post 93289)
I was just trying to plan out my next clean diet for the new year and i was having a difficult time coming up with one... i wanted to get between 3000-3500 cals at least 1 gram protein per lbs. of lbm....

got any ideas guys... i thought about just counting cals... but i think i would get enough protein that way

I think at the least 1g per. Maybe even go to 1.25g per. Eating clean ya you should be able to hit this with all the secondary proteins in foods.

IMO counting Cal's is OK for bulking and maybe even for a novest/amiture competitor BBer. (NOT a beginner don't take me wrong here)

IMO when you are to the point of going for a Pro card or Pro already, you should be at the dedication level of detail to go the macro route.

PLEASE No one doing cal counting don't take this wrong or be mad. Look at a Pro's conditioning vs a amateur on stage.

PCT 11-16-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 93291)
I think at the least 1g per. Maybe even go to 1.25g per. Eating clean ya you should be able to hit this with all the secondary proteins in foods.

IMO counting Cal's is OK for bulking and maybe even for a novest/amiture competitor BBer. (NOT a beginner don't take me wrong here)

IMO when you are to the point of going for a Pro card or Pro already, you should be at the dedication level of detail to go the macro route.

PLEASE No one doing cal counting don't take this wrong or be mad. Look at a Pro's conditioning vs a amateur on stage.

Im not too big on conditioning just want to sheed alil fat after this "dirty" bulk i am doing...

I will figure it out though

Rich Knapp 11-16-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCT (Post 93306)
Im not too big on conditioning just want to sheed alil fat after this "dirty" bulk i am doing...

I will figure it out though

Yeppers. In your case yes carb counting is totaly fine and should fill your needs.