Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Simple A/B split for my gf (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4634)

CoopDawg 11-08-2010 06:14 PM

Simple A/B split for my gf

Well me and btb had found her a routine already but im trying to get her a simplea/b split started for 2 days a week, john christys appreciation thread taught me alot, and She want to workout 2 days a week with weights and do cardio 2 or 3 other days of the week, I mean hows this sound.

Just some info:

height-5'4.5
Weight-125 pounds
Experience- About a year ago she was running 2 miles a day she had to stop due to the starting of her senior year and had alot to do, now we both did a mile today and she done fine shes still in good shape, shes only gained 8 pounds in a year she weighed 118, and then birth control has caused these 8 pounds, so we are gonna hook her up with a diet and an a/b split if you guys can help.

BendtheBar 11-08-2010 06:53 PM

Has she ever lifted before?

CoopDawg 11-08-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 91992)
Has she ever lifted before?

Not until alittle today, i had her do a few things to get her prepped i let her bench press 65x10 she did it easily i showed her some form vids

CoopDawg 11-08-2010 07:16 PM

just wanna get her on somethin steady

BendtheBar 11-08-2010 07:22 PM

I would have her try TitanCT's workout for several weeks to get form and routine down:

Beginner Fullbody Workout | Muscle & Strength

And after that, she could try something like this, possibly with slightly higher rep ranges:

3 Day Workout For Beginners | Muscle & Strength

CoopDawg 11-08-2010 07:26 PM

Like the first one a good bit, nice, simple, effective, how long should i run her on this

BendtheBar 11-08-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 92013)
Like the first one a good bit, nice, simple, effective, how long should i run her on this

The first one is a primer just to get her used to form. Run that until she feels comfortable with basic lifts, then have her run the next workout at least 2-3 months. If she survives that, we can personalize a routine for her.

CoopDawg 11-08-2010 07:30 PM

Okay thanks alot bro, can she use dumbbells for deadlifts and squats or should i show her the barbell movements

CoopDawg 11-08-2010 09:02 PM

if she can use dumbbells that'd be great

bamazav 11-09-2010 02:44 PM

I teach a class at our church called Fit for the King, focus on resistance training for weight loss. All of my students are new to lifitng. The routines you have above are good. I would encourage her to start with goblet squats for the first couple of sessions. Then move to an empty bar. These two steps will help her squat form immensely. Since she is just starting, I would not push her to push the weight up as quick as you might. Focus on form and be patient. This is a marathon, not a sprint.