Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BTB's Nutrition and Diet Books You Must Read (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4289)

BendtheBar 09-19-2010 09:15 AM

BTB's Nutrition and Diet Books You Must Read

Believe it or not, there are many ways to eat. Paleo. Warrior. Keto. Carb cycling...on and on... You will rarely hear serious talk about these methods in muscle mags. A picture is often painted that there is only one way to eat.

Do yourself a favor and purchase these books. Study these books, and try the eating approaches yourself. Personal experience will help you more than reading.

Better Than Steroids

by Dr Warren Willey

Iron Addict's Principles of Fat Loss

by Wesley Silveira

Iron Addict's Principles of Fat Loss Book Forum - Iron Addicts Forums

Jude 09-19-2010 10:47 AM

I went to the site of the second book. It appears the author has died. Did not know of him but sorry to hear the sad news. Do you think his book is still for sale? I have your first must read. WIll read it again. Should I get the second one or is it a rehash of the first book. Thanks.

kman025 09-19-2010 01:28 PM

better than steroids is amazing!

i havent read the 2nd book, but have heard nothing but good things about it

BendtheBar 09-19-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude (Post 82591)
I went to the site of the second book. It appears the author has died. Did not know of him but sorry to hear the sad news. Do you think his book is still for sale? I have your first must read. WIll read it again. Should I get the second one or is it a rehash of the first book. Thanks.

It's still for sale. The second book talks is definitely worth it. It's not similar at all to Better Than Steroids.

The best I can put it is that both the books combined create the best book on lifting diet and nutrition.

Achilles 09-19-2010 02:53 PM

All books of Lyle Mc Donalds
- Bromocriptine
- The ketogenic diet
- The ultimate diet
- Stubborn fat solution
- The rappid fatloss handbook
- Guide to flexible dieting
- The protein book

Imo great books with solid information scientific based but readable for everyone

Jude 10-04-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 82624)
It's still for sale. The second book talks is definitely worth it. It's not similar at all to Better Than Steroids.

The best I can put it is that both the books combined create the best book on lifting diet and nutrition.

I just started reading Iron Addict's book. I like his writing style and presentation. I prefer this book over Willey's book.

IronBuildingBlock 12-22-2010 09:52 PM

I just finished reading "Power Eating, 3rd Edition" by Susan M. Kleiner. Pretty good read. Descriptive for all of your goals. :ms:

BendtheBar 12-22-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronBuildingBlock (Post 100967)
I just finished reading "Power Eating, 3rd Edition" by Susan M. Kleiner. Pretty good read. Descriptive for all of your goals. :ms:

I'll have to check that out. That's a new one to me.

Trevor Lane 03-05-2011 08:28 AM

My top 3:
Neanderthin: Eat Like a Caveman to ... - Google Books

Food Is Your Best Medicine - Google Books

Protein Power: The High-Protein/Low ... - Google Books

BigJosh 01-19-2014 04:02 AM

Ordering Better than Steroids right now.
I checked out Dr. Willey's website and it has some good recipes on it for free.

Has anyone read Tom Venuto's book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle"?