Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cost? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3919)

USMCONQUISTADOR 08-03-2010 02:20 PM

Cost?

Just wondering for all the people out there tryna gain serious amounts of muscle mass and are for the most part skinny and dont have home cooked meals...about how much yall spend a month in groceries and such think last month i might have come close to 500 in groceries+delivery.

Craig Anthony Peters 08-03-2010 06:17 PM

I eat the same foods each week and spend 300 to $400 a month.

dmaipa 08-03-2010 07:19 PM

i saw this thread and immediately thought about this video with Dusty Hanshaw..thats some food! for just a week! wish i had that much money to spend a week on food.

USMCONQUISTADOR 08-03-2010 09:07 PM

maaaaan if i had that much money to spend on food id... id... id have alot of money ha but dam i taught i got a lot at the grocery store i feel like a guppy in a shark tank

dmaipa 08-03-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCONQUISTADOR (Post 73523)
maaaaan if i had that much money to spend on food id... id... id have alot of money ha but dam i taught i got a lot at the grocery store i feel like a guppy in a shark tank

man seriously, i saw that video i was like...what!! and this is while he's dieting down, just imagine the damage he does in the off season

BendtheBar 08-04-2010 09:05 AM

I have to stay with cheap protein sources, especially with other mouths to feed in the house. Canned chicken, tuna, eggs, tilapia and whey for the win.

dmaipa 08-04-2010 09:08 AM

when im in desperate need for food i got to the supermarket and go to the clearance meat section where everything needs to be used within the next day..i buy a whole bunch and cook it all that day..whatever it takes!

USMCONQUISTADOR 08-04-2010 08:40 PM

so would IVing protein straight to my body be an effeciant way to gain weight at a low price? .....before someone says WTF im just joking...i think?

sneezingstardust 08-05-2010 06:53 AM

1) Buy in season.

2) Look for deals.

3) Buy in bulk.

4) Buy the tougher cuts of red meat (eye of round, shoulder), and braise them. The cooking takes longer, but they're much cheaper.

5) Buy whole chickens, cook the entire thing up, and then shred it.

6) Tuna, whey, milk, eggs.

7) Make bigger meals (such as stews, casseroles, etc) and keep it in the fridge for leftovers, quick grabbing, etc.

8) Buy meat close to it's sell-by date, or on the sell-by date. It'll be reduced super cheap for quick sale, and you can portion it out and stick it right away in the freezer to cook up whenever.

USMCONQUISTADOR 08-05-2010 09:07 AM

1 big problem i got though when it comes to preparing foods is that im limited to a microwave and a rice cooker im thinkin buyin a hot plate might be the best idea ive had in a while