Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   HCG supplement!? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3548)

quicksilver0587 06-14-2010 11:19 PM

HCG supplement!?

I saw this the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes.

HCG Platinum - HCG PLATINUM - GNC

I wonder if it's legit. I triple checked the label and made sure I wasn't going crazy. Can HCG actually pass through the membranes in the mouth?

onetiredkris 06-14-2010 11:24 PM

weird, never heard of it and i really cant tell you whats going on.

but i can bet you that it is a horsefeces product and definitely wont give you the results it describes.

ricka182 06-15-2010 01:10 PM

I call B.S. HCG is a tightly controlled substance that isn't just given out. Yes, I'm aware there are plenty of docs who will scribe it out to anyone with money... I looked at the label, and it has Arginine, Orthinine, and ALC along with HCG..it also these numbers, 60x, 30x, 10x, etc..after each ingredient..not sure what that means. It's also labeled as homeopathic...I didn't think prescription drugs were considered homeopathic..

I'm checking out the product site..let's see what they have to say..

1. Lose up to 1Lb a day? Definite B.S.
2. In the FAQ, they claim if you go on a 500 cal deficit your body will shut down to starvation mode..
3. Holy Crap! I was wrong about #2...They want you to eat JUST 500 CALS a day!!!

WTF! So this liquid drop with 3 amino acids and a supposed form of HcG is some magical homeopathic solution to weight loss....wait, wut?!

I call B.S... The amount of lean muscle tissue lost on a 500 cal diet is very high, no matter what supp you try to boost with..

ricka182 06-15-2010 01:19 PM

Oh yeah....

Just read this disclaimer..

Actual weight loss by those following the HCG Platinum weight loss protocol will vary from those who have given testimonials of their experience and more than likely will not be typical of others who have used HCG Platinum to help lose weight, and in many instances are not typical. Each person's actual experience will depend on the reasonableness of their weight loss goal, the time they allow themselves to lose the weight to attain their weight loss goal, their age, state of health, how closely they follow the weight loss protocol cycle, any subsequent weight loss cycles followed and any limitations placed on them by their health care professional due to the above or any other factor.

Again, it's a 500 cal a day diet...no supp is going to support that without LMT loss..

BendtheBar 06-15-2010 01:34 PM

Looks like a "predator" supplement meant to look like something it's not.

quicksilver0587 06-15-2010 09:08 PM

I don't really care about whether the product works, I'm really more surprised how they get away with putting that on their label.

onetiredkris 06-15-2010 09:31 PM

ditto, i know there technically cant be real human chorionic gonadotopin in it; but how the hell they are allowed to put a illegal product name in their ingredients is beyond me