Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My quest to 300 and beyond (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3134)

blsmith 05-04-2010 09:36 AM

My quest to 300 and beyond

Hey everyone,

My name is Brian. I have been lifting seriously for a little more than 2 years, but have tinkered with it most of my life. I was an athlete in high school but a knee injury sidelined me and then I never got back into sports for more than 15 years. I am finally starting to get my life back on track and thought I would log my progress in here.

At my heaviest, I was 357 pounds. As of this morning, I weighed in at 315. my first goal is to get under 300 pounds and then from there, 250 lbs of muscle. I would be happy with 15-20% BF. From there, I will decide if I ever want to get on stage.

Hope I will find some knowledgeable people here that will support me in this quest.

It's go time! :)

Mombow111 05-04-2010 09:38 AM

Welcome, awesome progress so far- keep it up.

blsmith 05-04-2010 09:41 AM

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it! :)

BendtheBar 05-04-2010 09:52 AM

Good to have you here and you'll get nothing from encouragement from this forum. I am battling the weight right now myself. I am a lifetime lifter who started to pack on weight over the years and am in the process of cutting down.

I want to see you hit 250 and beyond!

blsmith 05-04-2010 09:58 AM

Thanks man. I appreciate the support. I have just recently been put on a great diet plan. I had lost 8 pounds last week alone before my scheduled cheat meal and then I gained 4 of it back LOL. If I can get an average of 4 pounds off a week that would be great! :)

BendtheBar 05-04-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blsmith (Post 53565)
Thanks man. I appreciate the support. I have just recently been put on a great diet plan. I had lost 8 pounds last week alone before my scheduled cheat meal and then I gained 4 of it back LOL. If I can get an average of 4 pounds off a week that would be great! :)

Same thing happens to me. When I cheat my body sponges up water like it's getting ready for "heavy digestion ahead."

blsmith 05-04-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 53566)
Same thing happens to me. When I cheat my body sponges up water like it's getting ready for "heavy digestion ahead."

well I have been given the one meal to cheat. I was on a low cal deficit for so long my metabolism shut down. So we're trying to get it moving again.

sneezingstardust 05-04-2010 10:34 AM

Hey Brian, it's good to see you here!! :D

The support on this site is awesome, I think you'll like it here. :)

blsmith 05-04-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezingstardust (Post 53571)
Hey Brian, it's good to see you here!! :D

The support on this site is awesome, I think you'll like it here. :)

thanks stardust! Looks really good so far! Will do my best to keep this updated! :)

CallmeKing 05-04-2010 11:55 AM

Welcome aboard man