Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Operation Wolf Here (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17184)

OperationWolf 05-31-2014 11:06 AM

Operation Wolf Here

So I guess ill start things off with a little back story. About 8 years ago I weighted about 260 at 6í2Ē, I decided I would try to get myself in shape like a lot of people I started out with the crummy home gym stuff I got as a kid but quickly grew out of that and got my first membership at the YMCA, Over the next four years I spent tons of hours training, and reading anything I could get my hands on. Now after the four years was up I moved up to a salary based position and started working 50-60 hour work weeks on second shift and with my young family finally gave up lifting for last four years. When I stopped I was 198 at 6% body fat and had switched my body building, themed work outs to power lifting style program. Having a brother in law that does a lot of competitive powerlifitng didnít hurt. Now Iím in a new industry with nights weekends off, so I ready to get back to it I have currently been looking for a good gym in the St. Louis area where I can build back up and focus on a powerlifting program.

BendtheBar 05-31-2014 11:08 AM

Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home and fire up a training log.

Cutty 05-31-2014 11:24 AM

Sounds good, welcome to the forum man!

Chillen 05-31-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OperationWolf (Post 484433)
So I guess ill start things off with a little back story. About 8 years ago I weighted about 260 at 6’2”, I decided I would try to get myself in shape like a lot of people I started out with the crummy home gym stuff I got as a kid but quickly grew out of that and got my first membership at the YMCA, Over the next four years I spent tons of hours training, and reading anything I could get my hands on. Now after the four years was up I moved up to a salary based position and started working 50-60 hour work weeks on second shift and with my young family finally gave up lifting for last four years. When I stopped I was 198 at 6% body fat and had switched my body building, themed work outs to power lifting style program. Having a brother in law that does a lot of competitive powerlifitng didn’t hurt. Now I’m in a new industry with nights weekends off, so I ready to get back to it I have currently been looking for a good gym in the St. Louis area where I can build back up and focus on a powerlifting program.

Welcome to the forum! :)

May you always build your character with spirit and heart. May this pursuit be relentless yet very fruitful, and fill you with much joy and happiness within fitness and in life.

You will be successful in your journey, and find your destination.

Again, welcome to the forum! :)

Don

Epinephrine 06-01-2014 02:50 AM

Sup

Epinephrine 06-01-2014 02:51 AM

Hang out on the main page's chat if ya want!

OperationWolf 06-01-2014 09:39 AM

Thanks guys for the warm well come and Ill Drop by the shout box sometime.

jdmalm123 06-01-2014 09:57 AM

start over and beat 198 @ 6% !!!

What books did you find most useful?

OperationWolf 06-01-2014 11:12 PM

As far as books goes Arnold encyclopedia of body building, Book on Supplements i think made by muscle mag though i could be wrong. musclemag,and muscle and fitness, flex, reps, and many more lol

ravimolasaria 06-02-2014 02:33 AM

Welcome to the forum brother ... :rockon: