Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kman's Quest for STRENGTH AND MANLINESS, using CHAOS & PAIN (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1676)

kman025 01-11-2010 07:34 PM

Kman's Quest for STRENGTH AND MANLINESS, using CHAOS & PAIN

Kman's Quest for STRENGTH AND MANLINESS (and the muscle that comes along with it ;)), using CHAOS & PAIN

I will be following CHAOS AND PAIN based off of his 1st post on it: http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/200...in-basics.html I will try to follow this as close as possible, however there will be some days where i make minor changes.
-i may add in DE shit for fun or other dumb shit that will hurt my gains becuase im an annoying little fag (no homo)

-On Heavy Days I will typically have one squat (although sometimes just heavy daedlifts), one Pull, and one push.
- i will typically do either 10x3, 10-15x2, or 15-30 singles (as C&P advices), although some times will do higher reps x5 since im a beginner.

-On Light Days i typically do one of these.
-Super Set arms day.
-light oly lifts
-The Bear (outlined in above link)
-bw chins and dips to the extreme
-ab work/calves/neck/other bullshit
-other possible to be named shit
-Off Days will be taken when needed (i'm assuming ill typically workout 5ish times a week

EXERCISES i'll use the bolded ones will be most often used.

SQUATS
-Squats (bb back squats)
-Front Squats
-Squats with bands
-Speed Squats
-partial squats/partial fronts
-other shit

PULL
-Deadlift
-BB Row
-Hang Cleans
-BB Shrugs (cant say for sure, but i want to start back up with these)
-Chins
-Rack Pulls
-Row variations
-Speed Pulls
-Sumo Pulls(will often include with conventional deadlift)

PUSH
-Bench
-Strict Press
-Push Press (may start instead of Strict
-Incline Bench (even though C&P is against them if i read correctly)
-partial bench
-CG bench

Other accesory bull shit
-BB curl
-other curl variations
-dips (not useless)
-chins (not useless)
-skull crushers
-calf raises
-pec dec :(
-farmers walk (not useless)
-strongman stull (not useless)
-other useless shit

BendtheBar 01-11-2010 07:42 PM

In! Hit it Kmonster. When are you starting?

kman025 01-11-2010 07:44 PM

WEEK 1- workout 1 LIGHT DAY(arm day)

WORKOUT- LIGHT DAY (arms)
BW chins-1x8, 1x7, 1x6 (30 seconds rest between)

CG Bench-95x10, 105x10, 115x10
125x10, 125x10, 125x10

~SUPER SET WITH~

BB Curls-65x8, 75x7, 75x9, 75x9

NOTES
-I realize the "endurance" of my muscles is terrible. My arms were very work out, even with these light ass weights.
-NOT even sure if this is C&P style. I based this workout off some guys "C&P" log, so hopefully its similar.
-First PUMP i've got in a long time

kman025 01-11-2010 07:45 PM

1/12/10 7:30
HEAVY WORKOUT- I'm moving this post up to demonstrate a heavy style. i couldnt squat today but will add it tomorrow to make a good demonstraition of my plans.

WORKOUT-heavy
SQUATS- will be added tomorrow (worked out at home today)
Push Press- 45xwu, 65x3, 95x3, 105x3,115x3, 115x3, 125x3 PR (i guess), 115x5

Row- 95x5, 135x3, 135x4, 145x4, 155x3, something i forget at 165, 165x3

NOTES
-I COULLDN'T GET A RIDE TO THE GYM
-push press sucked. my cleans sucked and i could barely clean this weight so it wasnt a good way to start the lift. i i had been doing strict press, but want to mix it up. i could definately do more weight, if not having to clean it before
- this tells me to work on my cleans (which im excited to do, but still hate doing them prior to press)
-Rows were awful. i had been doing an underhand grip but switched it. i just felt like my back angle and shit was horrible. i need to watch some vids on these.
-although both rows and press sucked, it still was a good workout. i like C&P for sure. I need to get to the gym though (although homes fine for light days)

Body note-
I've been dieting-ish for a week and have already noticed progress. When flexing i can see two abs now on the left side (barely)(i always see left abs 1st for some reason). im pumped to get lean again (and then of course put on much more size).

BendtheBar 01-11-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 19337)
WORKOUT
BW chins-3x8, 3x7, 3x6 (30 seconds rest between)

CG Bench-95x10, 105x10, 115x10
125x10, 125x10, 125x10

~SUPER SET WITH~

BB Curls-65x8, 75x7, 75x9, 75x9

NOTES
-I realize the "endurance" of my muscles is terrible. My arms were very work out, even with these light ass weights.
-NOT even sure if this is C&P style. I based this workout off some guys "C&P" log, so hopefully its similar.
-First PUMP i've got in a long time

I worked with limited rest most of 2009. It takes 3+ weeks to get used to it, but when you do, your strength and workouts really start to roll along.

jwood 01-11-2010 08:05 PM

Looks good kman, I am not sure if this is C&P style either, I thought each workout had a squat exercise too, but now I am not sure after he released his new workout template. I guess the basis of chaos and pain is really to do whatever as long as it is heavy.

Great work, keep it up, I begin mine tomorrow, I ran into some terrible sickness this weekend which is delaying my workout by a day.

kman025 01-11-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 19341)
I worked with limited rest most of 2009. It takes 3+ weeks to get used to it, but when you do, your strength and workouts really start to roll along.

that makes sense. i used to do (when i was fat and barely had ever worked out) P90X P90X® Extreme Home Fitness. the one thing i had was muscular endurance, but now after taking 3-5 minutes between sets thats gone :(. cant wait to get it back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 19354)
Looks good kman, I am not sure if this is C&P style either, I thought each workout had a squat exercise too, but now I am not sure after he released his new workout template. I guess the basis of chaos and pain is really to do whatever as long as it is heavy.

Great work, keep it up, I begin mine tomorrow, I ran into some terrible sickness this weekend which is delaying my workout by a day.

well i like what he said in the original post. I think i'll sometimes get rid of a squat for a deadlift or heavy pull movement.

ALSO- tomorrow i'll probably take out squats, becuase my lower back has really been overworked latley. if i do squat tomorrow i'll then take of squating/deadlifting until saturday.

JWOOD, lets hit this shit hard man. i'll definately be following your log (i would even if werent doing this), give it hell and ill do the same. since this style is very unique it will be nice to "know" someone else doing it, especially someone much stronger than me doing it. Let SMASH FUCKING WEIGHTS!

Shaolinkiwi 01-11-2010 08:31 PM

Alright sweet I'll follow along as I intend to do this once summer is over. Heavy weights ftw!

kman025 01-11-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolinkiwi (Post 19364)
Alright sweet I'll follow along as I intend to do this once summer is over. Heavy weights ftw!

hell yeah. HEAVY WEIGHTS! and a JACKED, RIPPED BODY ;)

thats the goal. MY GOAL WITH THIS IS TO BE A TOTAL BAD ASS MOTHER F**KER (sorry to cuss a bunch MAB, im just pumped)!

jwood 01-11-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 19365)
hell yeah. HEAVY WEIGHTS! and a JACKED, RIPPED BODY ;)

thats the goal. MY GOAL WITH THIS IS TO BE A TOTAL BAD ASS MOTHER F**KER (sorry to cuss a bunch MAB, im just pumped)!

I totally agree this program will not only make you strong as hell but get you jacked, chaos and pain is all about SMASHING FUCKING WEIGHTS, I am going to work my ass off and I know you will too.

I can not wait to see the results, do it big!! Time to go to work man!! Lets do this