Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ian McCarthy on Jeff Seid's Nutrition (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16637)

BendtheBar 03-17-2014 12:02 PM

Ian McCarthy on Jeff Seid's Nutrition

BigJosh 03-17-2014 12:06 PM

Did not watch this video. But based on the image, this so called guru has not made a single gain in the X amount of years he has been online making videos. He needs to shut up and actually achieve something.
Also, does he even know Louie Simmons?

BendtheBar 03-17-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 464767)
Also, does he even know Louie Simmons?

Always a valid question.

Shorts 03-18-2014 10:36 AM

I did take the time to watch the video, and his point that he discussed is actually backed up with some good evidence.

He is a great speaker, and from what I heard he took the time to validate his claims agains Jeff.

I don't personally care for either of them, but it seems that Ian took his time in dissecting the claims Jeff made.

Dray 03-18-2014 11:12 AM

"When I first got into bodybuilding (...)" ??? :cat:

Ahahahaha. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all (er, maybe), but... seriously. WTF.

No, I didn't watch all of it. But I just don't care about Ringo McCartney or whatever his name is. And as for Jack Sighed (?) - don't care one bit about him either.

bamazav 03-18-2014 11:34 AM

I thought Ian had joined Scooby in Internet neverland. When did he return from hiatus?

What is the little "beta capsule" thingy on the neck of his shirt. I kept expecting him to start chanting "ultra, ultra, ultra man."

sorry, dating myself.

afraziaaaa 03-18-2014 12:34 PM

Very well formulated argument, and very thorough explanation of protein synthesis.

As he stated in the beginning (paraphrasing) 2+2 is always 4 whether that comes from a highly intelligent person or a severely cognitively impaired person. Just because Jeff's physique his better doesn't mean his claims are true. Ian's are backed by science.

BendtheBar 03-18-2014 12:38 PM

If you have enhanced protein synthesis from AAS it makes sense to eat more frequently, and more protein.

Not sure if Ian addressed this. Don't have sound on my computer where I am at. If not he left a hole in his argument the size of the sun. (or a basketball)

bamazav 03-18-2014 02:19 PM

Okay, so I finally made it through both videos.

1st. I should have been paid to sit through that torture.
2nd It is the classic Bro-science vs Science video broo ha ha. Ian did a fair job, talking over the eyebrow's head but I was left feeling like "who cares?"

One video was almost silly and I feel anyone with common sense would see it was just to sell his website and little more. The second, Ian's, was as he said "dry." I could have wasted the last 20 minutes in much better ways. Last time I watch any videos that Steve Posts.... not really, I am just jealous that he is crawfish country and I am not.

afraziaaaa 03-18-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 465163)
If you have enhanced protein synthesis from AAS it makes sense to eat more frequently, and more protein.

Not sure if Ian addressed this. Don't have sound on my computer where I am at. If not he left a hole in his argument the size of the sun. (or a basketball)

He did not address this. I think when you get into AAS, it changes the game regarding both training and nutrition. I do know that the body is able to synthesize protein more quickly when AAS are involved, but I do not know if using AAS causes a higher rate of catabolism when the proteins are not there. My thought is no, but that isn't really based on anything. Just a guess.