Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Reebok PL shoes (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16628)

Soldier 03-16-2014 02:48 PM

Reebok PL shoes

I know there was a thread on these back before they were released, but now they're out. My old chucks are not looking so good, so I thought I'd do some looking around and see what the word is on these. Turns out, all I can find are extremely positive reviews. I know there's going to be marketing hype for something like this, but I'm pretty convinced that these are going to be a solid step up from my trusty chucks. The going rate is nearly twice what a stock pair of all-stars cost, but if they work better and last longer it seems justifiable too me.

I've got a birthday coming up, and I already put in a request for a pair, but I'm wondering what everyone thinks. Anyone had a chance to hold a pair?

J_Byrd 03-16-2014 04:00 PM

Yes I have tried on a pair. I have a very wide foot. The toe area was still too big for me. Other than that, all around a great lifting shoe. It just didn't fit my preference. I do think any flat sole basketball shoe is pretty much the same.

JumpmanRugs 03-16-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 464546)
Yes I have tried on a pair. I have a very wide foot. The toe area was still too big for me. Other than that, all around a great lifting shoe. It just didn't fit my preference. I do think any flat sole basketball shoe is pretty much the same.

Basketball shoes for squatting?! Win!

Let me.choose one of my 9 pairs lol.

I wore my Jordan's once and it actually felt really good to squat in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

J_Byrd 03-16-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpmanRugs (Post 464566)
Basketball shoes for squatting?! Win!

Let me.choose one of my 9 pairs lol.

I wore my Jordan's once and it actually felt really good to squat in

lol dont skim over the part where I said flat sole basketball shoes! haha

JumpmanRugs 03-16-2014 05:00 PM

Haha yeah I know, I have a few options now! Sorry to derail the thread!

skids 03-16-2014 06:26 PM

Nike Romaleos 2, seem fairly popular over here, not saying they are any better or worse, just another option.

Soldier 03-16-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skids (Post 464582)
Nike Romaleos 2, seem fairly popular over here, not saying they are any better or worse, just another option.

I haven't had the chance to try raised heal shoes, but that's not the way I want to go yet. I'm going to stick to flat shoes for the time being. Basically at this point it's between chucks and the reeboks. Chucks have always worked for me, but I'd like to upgrade if it's worth it.

GeezerDude 03-16-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 464585)
I haven't had the chance to try raised heal shoes, but that's not the way I want to go yet. I'm going to stick to flat shoes for the time being. Basically at this point it's between chucks and the reeboks. Chucks have always worked for me, but I'd like to upgrade if it's worth it.

Soldier, if you are indeed a soldier try your dress uniform shoes sometime to squat in to see how you like the raised heel. I got the idea from a guy and gave it a try in mine and actually liked the way it felt. Just enough lift without a squishy sole. Looked kind of funky with my lifting clothes, but they gave me an idea of if I really wanted to go out and buy a pair of lifting shoes. I have not found anyone close to me who carries them, and hate to buy shoes off the net as I have a difficult time finding foot gear which fits me well.

I see you are in Ft. Hood, so I am guessing you are serving. If so, thanks for your service. I retired in 2010 from the military.

Soldier 03-16-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeezerDude (Post 464587)
Soldier, if you are indeed a soldier try your dress uniform shoes sometime to squat in to see how you like the raised heel. I got the idea from a guy and gave it a try in mine and actually liked the way it felt. Just enough lift without a squishy sole. Looked kind of funky with my lifting clothes, but they gave me an idea of if I really wanted to go out and buy a pair of lifting shoes. I have not found anyone close to me who carries them, and hate to buy shoes off the net as I have a difficult time finding foot gear which fits me well.

I see you are in Ft. Hood, so I am guessing you are serving. If so, thanks for your service. I retired in 2010 from the military.

And thank you as well. I'm a Spc here at Ft. Hood. 2 years down, 3 years left.

That's an interesting idea, lol. I've thought about trying a raised heal, but honestly I like flat shoes. I'm looking to get into equipped lifting, so the flatter shoes work well for me. If I'm ever curious, though...I'll give my quarter rounds a try.

zach90 03-16-2014 08:00 PM

i have romaleos and i can say it puts me in a much better position for squatting. it helps me stay more up right