Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Training on Caloric Deficit (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16542)

Cutty 03-05-2014 03:02 PM

Training on Caloric Deficit

Was off for two weeks sick and I jumped back into my program as hard as I could (3 sets of 5 instead of 5 sets)..

Every muscle I worked has bad doms and I was curious if eating on a caloric deficit has any significant impact on doms?

Is there more lactic acid and swelling in connective tissue because I'm eating fewer calories than I'm used to? I understand that eating extra food helps with recovery and I was curious if eating less is making recovery more painful?

Or is it simply just being off 2 weeks and going back to my working weight?

:confused:

BigJosh 03-05-2014 03:37 PM

I would tend to believe it has more to do with taking 2 weeks off. I noticed a lack of recovery on a caloric deficit, but never anymore soreness.

Soldier 03-05-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 461716)
I would tend to believe it has more to do with taking 2 weeks off. I noticed a lack of recovery on a caloric deficit, but never anymore soreness.

+1

5kgLifter 03-05-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty (Post 461707)
Was off for two weeks sick and I jumped back into my program as hard as I could (3 sets of 5 instead of 5 sets)..

Every muscle I worked has bad doms and I was curious if eating on a caloric deficit has any significant impact on doms?

Is there more lactic acid and swelling in connective tissue because I'm eating fewer calories than I'm used to? I understand that eating extra food helps with recovery and I was curious if eating less is making recovery more painful?

Or is it simply just being off 2 weeks and going back to my working weight?

:confused:

Some people may not have seen the shoutbox in which you also stated that this "sick" period comprised of a fever for several days, sore throat and not finding it easy to drink fluids etc; that sort of information is important because it may just be that your body has not recovered from such an ill period...there's sick and there's sick, if you know what I mean, and the degree of sickness will dictate how well a person's body responds to a first session back in the gym and so forth.

jdmalm123 03-05-2014 09:47 PM

time off does it for me

I trained on a mostly calorie deficit for about 4-5 years and only had DOMs when changing programs/adding work, etc.

BravenFenix 03-06-2014 04:50 AM

Lactic acid wouldn't have anything to do with it, especially since you dropped 40% of the volume.

Cutty 03-07-2014 11:32 AM

That's what I figured, I just was curious.. I've not trained on a cut like this ever, the last time I lost 120 lbs I did bro stuff and cardio all of the time so I never had much experience with true training!

RobMoriRB 03-07-2014 06:47 PM

cant wait

JumpmanRugs 03-15-2014 01:01 PM

Just the time off, you'll be fine in a couple of weeks. If your calories are too low you'll notice longer recovery times. When I cut I was only doing 200-300 calories a day and didn't notice longer recovery times at all really. Depends on your body. Keep killing it!

Greg B. 03-21-2014 09:13 PM

Sounds like a combo of the illness and the two weeks off. Takes a bit of time for a body to get beack in the swing of things after it was using all of its energy & reserves to fight off being sick and then to throw some lifting back at it.