Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Powerlifter Chris Papillion arrested (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16102)

LtL 01-17-2014 03:12 PM

Powerlifter Chris Papillion arrested

Quote:

A well-known Victoria power-lifter, Chris Pappillion, is in jail.

Police raided his home Thursday, where they found a number of different types of drugs, including steroids, synthetic marijuana, cocaine and much more.

You probably know the name Chris Pappillion from his many achievements. Pappillion has won three world championships and three national championships in powerlifting, along with eight state championships.

The Victoria police department and SWAT Teams raided his home, where they found bags of drugs.

Pappillion, along with another man inside were arrested. Both men are facing five charges.

Pappillion has been charged with tampering with evidence, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance, and possession of dangerous drugs.

Arrested with Pappillion was 29-year-old Fidel Salazar Jr. Salazar is charged with three counts of manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of marijuana.

Both are currently being held here at the Victoria County Sheriff's Office.
SOURCE: http://www.crossroadstoday.com/conte...H8ARGJJCw.cspx

Randoja 01-17-2014 04:22 PM

That sucks for him.

EliteDreams 01-17-2014 05:33 PM

Wonder how these raids come about

Ryano 01-17-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliteDreams (Post 448460)
Wonder how these raids come about

"Delivery of a controlled substance" indicates that a sale or transfer of the substance took place. In other words, he was either ratted out or sold to a confidential informant. They have to have probable cause to get a search warrant for a home. They must have had an informant with first hand knowledge.

I know Chris personally. I like him even though I know he starts a lot of internet bullshit. He is a good lifter and will help anyone that needs it. Even with 25+ years of law enforcement behind me, I feel sorry for him and hope he can put this behind him.

Ramrod 01-18-2014 12:56 AM

That sucks, I don't understand every time guys like this get busted. Marijuana and Cocaine are involved. Like Ryano I have 13yrs of Law Enforcement and I hate seeing guys like this get caught up in it. It's all about the money..

Dray 01-18-2014 01:27 AM

Makes more sense to me when drugs like that *are* involved... not that I know much about this stuff. :dunno2:

But I can imagine the feds and similar guys being all over cocaine (etc.), where possible, whereas - again, I imagine - personal use of steroids (etc.) might not be very high on their shit list.

Really just making assumptions though...

Ramrod 01-18-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dray (Post 448530)
Makes more sense to me when drugs like that *are* involved... not that I know much about this stuff. :dunno2:

But I can imagine the feds and similar guys being all over cocaine (etc.), where possible, whereas - again, I imagine - personal use of steroids (etc.) might not be very high on their shit list.

Really just making assumptions though...

Ya makes more sense when drugs like that are found when busted....but what I don't understand is these Bodybuilders and Powerlifters are not users of the Coke and Weed.. I would think anyway... B/c how it would effect training... Many of these guys are gym owners, personal trainers too. So they can't be all coked out or stoned when training someone. I've known guys to sell roids to cover their cost of their own personal use, but they never sold stuff like coke.

I guess these guys are looking at it as "If I'm going to get busted for a Felony Poss/Distr. Charge I might as well sell coke/weed and make the real dough till then."

Dray 01-18-2014 01:46 AM

Oh, well that's fair enough.

None of these guys actually use narcotics though?

I know some, through the history of bodybuilding and lifting, have done. But no idea as to how popular these other drugs are among powerlifters...

The only references I've heard in recent times have been to do with one or two big powerlifters who do use pot, for whatever reason, from time to time. Turns out some other athletes do this too (e.g., MMA guys, etc.)

It's all beyond me, truly. No plan to go anywhere near any of it! :)

Ramrod 01-18-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dray (Post 448535)
Oh, well that's fair enough.

None of these guys actually use narcotics though?

I know some, through the history of bodybuilding and lifting, have done. But no idea as to how popular these other drugs are among powerlifters...

The only references I've heard in recent times have been to do with one or two big powerlifters who do use pot, for whatever reason, from time to time. Turns out some other athletes do this too (e.g., MMA guys, etc.)

It's all beyond me, truly. No plan to go anywhere near any of it! :)

Pot I can see them using.... I just can't see the coke part, I have a feeling I'm wrong, but I wish it wasn't so..

I remember back in the day a Bodybuilder Name Craig Titus who was known for throwing Huge after parties after Bodybuilding shows. Which where just big Swinger and drug parties. He is in Prison, but it wasn't drug related.. Him and his wife choose to kill a house keeper...

Ryano 01-18-2014 07:22 PM

Chris openly admits he smokes pot. I don't know if he used any other recreational drugs or not. I do know of other powerlifters who have been busted because they were selling recreational drugs to fund their AAS use. This is not meant to speculate on Chris's case but that is what has happened to others. They sell other shit, which causes them to get caught with the AAS.