Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Building Better Biceps (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15805)

Mariko78 12-15-2013 01:08 AM

Building Better Biceps

One of the biggest mistakes lifters make is to start the movement by launching the bar or dumbbell with momentum. Creating momentum at the waist causes the lifter to lean back, moving the tension from the biceps to other muscle groups. Lifters often cheat at biceps exercises when it gets most difficult, usually at the 90-degree angle. However, working through that sticking point will truly enhance overall improvement in the biceps. The desire to cheat by launching the weight with momentum is natural, but the best results will come if you force yourself to work harder when it gets harder

BendtheBar 12-15-2013 01:18 AM

This is direct quote from the book: Fundamental Weight Training by David Sandler

Please don't use copyrighted text without a reference.

Coeda 12-16-2013 02:44 AM

That is a good tip for beginners but as BendtheBar said, if its someone else theory then please post their names too so they can get well deserved credit .

fenrisulfr 12-16-2013 05:40 AM

I've been using a light weight and slow reps while focusing on contracting the bicep only to move the weight. If you kind of hunch over it takes any delt activation out of it. -John Meadows tip

Time under tension and isolation is how it grows. The result has been better pumps and I feel the DOMS in only my biceps, not my elbow joint and tendons.

SCStrong 12-16-2013 09:31 AM

I have issuees getting my biceps to "peak" I have ok arm size (relative to body) But no peak. I have gotten better pumps using a slightly wider grip and lighter weight. I altrnate these with one arm concentration curls (on my leg ) to finish off.....

Btw, do I smell Spam??

Hunterace 12-16-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCStrong (Post 437244)
I have issuees getting my biceps to "peak" I have ok arm size (relative to body) But no peak. I have gotten better pumps using a slightly wider grip and lighter weight. I altrnate these with one arm concentration curls (on my leg ) to finish off.....

Btw, do I smell Spam??

Yes SC, he's been banned

BendtheBar 12-16-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCStrong (Post 437244)

Btw, do I smell Spam??

Yes, he was up to something. Every post was copy and paste, and he was doing it on 5+ other forums from what I can tell. These guys typically try to slip in, get their post count up, and then PM spam.

SCStrong 12-16-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 437254)
Yes, he was up to something. Every post was copy and paste, and he was doing it on 5+ other forums from what I can tell. These guys typically try to slip in, get their post count up, and then PM spam.

ooh, oooh !!! I want to drop the BAN HAMMER Can I do it, Can I, Can I, Huh Huh?? LOL

djjdnap 12-16-2013 02:45 PM

maybe this helps:ms:

afraziaaaa 12-17-2013 09:05 AM

Spam indeed, but a good topic nonetheless.