Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lilliebridge Training Method (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15585)

afraziaaaa 11-20-2013 02:46 PM

Lilliebridge Training Method

Anyone bought or used it? Is it an e-book, or some programming/advice from them or what?

BendtheBar 11-20-2013 02:59 PM

E-book.

I inquired yesterday but haven't heard back.

I think I know the bare bones. I have pieced it together from talking to them, and from interviews. With that said, I don't know what the book looks like.

Cutty 11-20-2013 02:59 PM

I have been curious to get it, $40 isn't a lot but I also know a lot of other programs that work like JB's BIG and it's only $20. I am curious about it though.

BendtheBar 11-20-2013 03:07 PM

I just sent another inquiry. I'll let you guys know what it looks like if they respond and I am able to purchase it.

BendtheBar 11-20-2013 03:09 PM

Here is a review:

Dan Pasholk
This is a bit long, but if youíre a lifter please take the time to read it.

Today I hit a deadlift PR. To most, thatís not something overly impressive and itís something that should happen after just about every good training cycle. But for me, a deadlift PR means a hell of a lot more.

Six weeks ago I was about to give up on powerlifting, the only sport that Iíve ever been even remotely good at. Over the past two years, Iíd trained my ass off, only to have every single one of my maxes decrease. My knees felt like shit, my shoulders felt like shit, and my back was experiencing a whole new level of awkward discomfort with every squat or pull.

Before throwing in the towel, I contacted a good friend of mine, Ernie Lilliebridge Jr, who suggested I go on the Lilliebridge Method. Just to be clear, over the last few years, I've gone through 5/3/1, Juggernaut, the Cube, and just about every one of the other popular programs that have come out. Iíve followed every one of them word for word, and Iíve gotten weaker. Iím not saying that theyíre bad programs, but they simply didnít work for me.
On top of that, watching every one of my friends make continuous gains and leave me in the dust was completely demoralizing. Iíd walk into the gym feeling lethargic as if I already knew the workout was going to be a waste of time. But with a combination of proper programming and the constant encouragement that Iíve experienced from Ernie Lilliebridge Jr. and Team Lilliebridge, Iíve gotten stronger for the first time in almost three years. Three years of grinding through program after program, getting progressively weaker and going from getting called a prodigy at every meet I attended to convincing myself that another PR was always going to be out of reach.

Over the past six weeks, Ernie Lilliebridge Jr proved me wrong, and today, even through a bicep tear, several knee injuries, and severe issues with my lower back, I hit that deadlift PR that Iíve been working toward for three fucking years.

The Lilliebridges are some of the most humble people that youíll ever meet and I know they wonít take credit for it, but I can honestly say that their method and their guidance was without a doubt the reason for me finally making progress. As you can see by my emotion in this video, Iím happy with my training for the first time in literally years. Their method is also temporarily on sale now for only $40, and Iím living proof that it works just as well for natural lifters. Email TeamLilliebridge@yahoo.com or contact Ernie Lilliebridge Jr for more information.

afraziaaaa 11-20-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 429295)
three fucking years.

Those three words echoed in my head as I read them. It felt genuine.

Thanks for sharing the review, Steve.

Cutty 11-20-2013 08:45 PM

Nice BTB

J_Byrd 11-21-2013 07:19 AM

Just my honest opinion here, so hopefully people dont jump all over me for this.

$40 for a basic training template,ideas, whatever, from someone at that level is cheap. I may buy it just to gain the information from it. I am not a raw lifter, but most of the guys I train are. It might give me some new perspective on things I have not thought about.

Honestly I think that the difference in most programs is marketing. I think that is why the cube has been so successful. While im sure it is a great program as well (I bought the book myself) I think Brandon does a great job selling it. I dont think the Lillebridge's do that. They are just letting it sale as it happens, and that is why you dont see 5000000000 facebook posts about it haha.

bamazav 11-21-2013 08:01 AM

I too would be interested in reading this teatise. I am, however, waiting on the definitive powerlifting for geezers e-book, everything is written from the young buck perspective.

Shorts 11-21-2013 09:11 AM

Steve let me know if you get a response out of this as well. It is definitely something I would like to own for my own personal knowledge!