Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   7 Weeks Out From Meet - Help! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15556)

Adamite1114 11-19-2013 06:02 PM

7 Weeks Out From Meet - Help!
 
So I should have been more focused but I just realized I am seven weeks out from my meet in January and so the 9 week powerlifting cycle I was planning on using is now useless to me.

I need some quick advice. This is my first meet so I'm pretty nervous. Do any of you have any seven or less week workouts I could use or just some general advice and how I could train until then. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

Meet Goals: 800 total - 300 squat/300 deadlift/200 bench press

Squatter 11-19-2013 06:20 PM

I personally would just focus on the big 3 lifts (one per session) with just 1 or 2 accessory lifts per session. If you want to squat 2X per week, choose fronts as an accessory. Choose accessory lifts wisely - ones you are quite sure will address any sticky points or issues with the big 3.

Adamite1114 11-19-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatter (Post 428865)
I personally would just focus on the big 3 lifts (one per session) with just 1 or 2 accessory lifts per session. If you want to squat 2X per week, choose fronts as an accessory. Choose accessory lifts wisely - ones you are quite sure will address any sticky points or issues with the big 3.

So something like?

Monday
Squat
Leg Press

Wednesday
Bench
DB Bench
Tricep Extension

Friday
Deadlift
Low Rack Pull or High Rack Pulls
Barbells Rows

BendtheBar 11-19-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamite1114 (Post 428868)
So something like?

Monday
Squat
Leg Press

Wednesday
Bench
DB Bench
Tricep Extension

Friday
Deadlift
Low Rack Pull or High Rack Pulls
Barbells Rows

Adding to it...

Monday
Squat
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Calves

Wednesday
Bench
Overhead Press
Close Grip Bench
Tricep Extension

Friday
Deadlift
Low Rack Pull or High Rack Pulls
Barbells Rows
Curls

Don't change your rep ranges. Just keep trying to build strength in the 5-10 rep ranges for most compound lifts. Deadlifts you can do 3-5 rep sets, leg press 10-20 rep sets, calves can be high reps too.

Adamite1114 11-19-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 428885)
Adding to it...


Don't change your rep ranges. Just keep trying to build strength in the 5-10 rep ranges for most compound lifts. Deadlifts you can do 3-5 rep sets, leg press 10-20 rep sets, calves can be high reps too.

Thanks BTB! Looks like I'll get started on that. Hopefully I'll be able to progress enough to meet my goals.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.