Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cutty's UPA Power Weekend Writeup (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15544)

Cutty 11-18-2013 05:23 PM

Cutty's UPA Power Weekend Writeup

Ever since being a little kid I have been afraid of people, but this weekend it was a different story.

I beat BTB and Hunter in to the hotel and ended up sitting there eating all of the food that I brought with me. :march:

As soon as I saw them get out I knew it was them so my nerves went crazy and I went ahead and checked into the room. As soon as I heard BTB talking I knew this was going to be an interesting weekend.

Sitting there, a very large man came through the hotel room door barely fitting named Gasp and I was alarmed at the massive dude he really is.

Skip through a lot of bullcrapping and banter and we are at weigh ins. I got to meet Ryano and his wife, met Bill Carpenter and got to see a couple freaks of nature walking around for weigh ins. I weighed in fully clothed and barely made SHW at 326 which is the heaviest I've been since I've lost all of my weight (seems to have mostly come back) but with it has come quite a bit of strength.

--More bullcrapping and banter, some smashing of cutty's face--

Had great dinner, came back to the room and I fart bombed Gasp's pillow so he would have dreams about me. :march:

So we're at the meet, I'm not really that shaky nervous but I can feel myself clenching my jaw a lot, that seems to be one of my new things lately if I'm nervous, I did it the whole drive here.

I saw some ungodly creatures of hugeness and generally "weird" people which I felt at home. Got to meet some cool people like the Lilliebridges, Mark the 500+lb bencher in a wheel chair, and some other cool people.

Warmups came up and I didn't really know how to do the whole warm up thing so BTB helped me out. Got warmed up, felt good.. never felt better actually.

Squat

First attempt - 360 - Sank it deep and it came up like I was picking up a hamburger I dropped.

Second attempt - 402.5 - Sank it deeper and came up what felt like faster, even the judges told me to put some weight on the bar. :)

Third attempt (I didn't know what I was going for, BTB just said do the damn lift) - 434.5 - Made sure to feel the cue in my head for deepness (which I guess is pretty sank down below parallel), felt it and came up no issues. I didn't feel wobbly, off balance or anything, I had 460+ easy.

After peeing 4 times and drinking and eating some protein bars and stuff, I sat there and sat there and sat there waiting. Gasp went up to bench and I cheered him on and got pics for BTB. Sat back down.

My bench warmups felt good other than the second warm up I got a wicked cramp in my leg, so I ate some pickles and chugged on water. My muscle still hurts from that today lol but everything went well.

Warmups felt really like I kept saying if I do alright I want 300.

Bench

First attempt - 250 - I got a gift. I cramped up (don't tell anyone) and jumped the rack command but they gave it to me. He said watch it, I heeded his warning.

Second attempt - 281 - felt good, press command, came up fast and I felt my arms start to rack it and I held it there for what felt like 3 seconds, rack command and I didn't move and BTB yanked it backwards.

Third attempt - 303 - I told BTB I wanted 300 and I got off stage after second attempt and he gave the lady the next attempt, I hoped he granted my wishes. I didn't hear what they were loading on the bar BTB just said do the weight and grind it out and don't quit. Got the unrack, stared at the bar and said kill me if you have to, started the lift, PRESS.. came off chest fast, got towards lockout and slowed down but I never felt like I was grinding it out. RACK - stayed there until BTB pulled it out of my hands.

Stood up a little fast and was light headed and about fell over :march:

Sat more feeling good. Deadlift warmups came and I was doing sumo. I did some warmups with straps to save my grip (lol) and I felt like an asshole but I pulled 405 faster than some of the other people so I was ready.

Deadlifts

First attempt - 450 sumo double overhand - easy no problem. I felt grip slip a little in the beginning from the bar whipping, oh well.

Second attempt - 511.5 miss. Sumo double overhand the bar snapped out of my hand, it jammed my thumb from the pressure and I thought I broke my middle finger but didn't tell anyone.. it's all fine.

Third attempt - 511.5 conventional mixed grip. I haven't trained conventional in 4+ months but if I wanted to mix grip I had to use it. BTB knew what buttons to push in my head so I just walked up to the bar conventional stance, the judges all looked at each other and held his hand up. Had to twist to get my hand under the bar and as soon as I grabbed the bar I pulled that son of a bitch off of the ground. I felt it whip hard and I stood there for a few seconds after the down command just to show people it was a fluke I missed it last time.

I don't regret not going up but I know I had more left in the tank after that.

Overall my first meet went better than I ever could have imagined. BTB knows his shit and as a handler there is no one better I could have asked for. I learned a lot this weekend about everything and about myself and I think that training from now on will be going better.

On the drive home I kept the cruise control at 100 and made it back in like 4 hrs and 45 minutes instead of 5.5 hrs like it should have taken. I was tired and I stopped and had hardees on the way back to give me some energy.

Smash Heavy Fking Weight.

Hunterace 11-18-2013 05:27 PM

Congrats on an awesome meet Jeremy! Was great to meet you and had a great time watching you smash everything!!!:mh:!!!
Also, you can't handle your liquor :D

P.S. You stink!

bruteforce 11-18-2013 05:30 PM

yeah buddy!

Cutty 11-18-2013 06:06 PM

bubble guts and liquid red hots yay

KD5NFW 11-18-2013 06:36 PM

Awesome job Cutty!! You did great. Nothing but PR's at your next meet :mh:

Cutty 11-18-2013 07:14 PM

I have a goal for next year here. I want to find someone to ride with next time so they can drive and I can sleep lol. Or fly :cutty:

TDawg75 11-18-2013 07:15 PM

Out-freaking-standing! Way to show 'em how MABers roll.

Cutty 11-18-2013 07:43 PM

Thanks guys!

Ryano 11-18-2013 08:11 PM

Congrats on your first meet. Now time to get PR's. No more sandbagging. Load the bar....

BendtheBar 11-18-2013 08:20 PM