Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   tips for teens (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14963)

regev19978 09-15-2013 11:32 AM

tips for teens

Hi,
I would like you guys to give me a few tips for gaining muscle and strength as a teenager. I want to make the most from this years at the gym!

I hope to see a few comments after I'll eat my dinner :hungry:

fenrisulfr 09-15-2013 11:53 AM

Be consistent, get good nutrition with plenty of protein from meat, multi joint exercises with big weights are always a better choice than an isolation movement. Learn proper form.

LindenGarcia18 09-15-2013 11:57 AM

^ And listen to these guys ^

You wont find better advice I promise you.

bigalfry 09-15-2013 12:09 PM

I started out like you and spent years doing isolation exercises. My gains were slow and at times unnoticeable. Stick with the big lifts like fenrisulfr said and eat lots of meat. Protein shakes are OK but meat is FAR better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

bigalfry 09-15-2013 12:15 PM

And whole milk!

jopp 09-15-2013 02:18 PM

Don't skip leg day. Honestly if you can squat twice a week my legs grew very fast doing this. Plus is also helps you get a strong core. You will regret in the future if you skip leg day.:green:

CODY_SNIDER 09-15-2013 03:34 PM

Eat like crazy! I spent my teen years lifting with a few competitive bodybuilders and I am so glad I did. Learn to make every muscle grow. And don't get caught up in supplement hype!

regev19978 09-15-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenrisulfr (Post 407748)
Be consistent, get good nutrition with plenty of protein from meat, multi joint exercises with big weights are always a better choice than an isolation movement. Learn proper form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigalfry (Post 407757)
I started out like you and spent years doing isolation exercises. My gains were slow and at times unnoticeable. Stick with the big lifts like fenrisulfr said and eat lots of meat. Protein shakes are OK but meat is FAR better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigalfry (Post 407759)
And whole milk!

This stuff already graven in stone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopp (Post 407780)
Don't skip leg day. Honestly if you can squat twice a week my legs grew very fast doing this. Plus is also helps you get a strong core. You will regret in the future if you skip leg day.:green:

I back squat twice and do front squat between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODY_SNIDER (Post 407786)
Eat like crazy! I spent my teen years lifting with a few competitive bodybuilders and I am so glad I did. Learn to make every muscle grow. And don't get caught up in supplement hype!

I can eat very easily but I'm not an ecto so I can get fat after a few months eating 4000-4500 calories.
What did they taught you?
I prefer eating a whole cow that take 4 supps, I barely like taking my creatine...
There are a few powerlifters in my gym but they much older than me or some assholes, no bbs :\

CODY_SNIDER 09-15-2013 05:12 PM

That's rare. I have yet to find a powerlifter not willing to help. The main thing those guys taught me was how to attack every set. I wish I would have kept a log back then because I honestly couldn't tell you what kind of progression we used or if it was even planed. I know we lifted five or six days out of the week and worked a different muscle group(s) everyday. But the main idea was to hit that muscle group hard always using different exercises. We used a lot of pyramid sets, negatives, forced reps etc.. I really built a good base for powerlifting this way. My bench climbed from around 250 to the upper 3s in those few years and I grew like a weed.

regev19978 09-15-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODY_SNIDER (Post 407821)
That's rare. I have yet to find a powerlifter not willing to help. The main thing those guys taught me was how to attack every set. I wish I would have kept a log back then because I honestly couldn't tell you what kind of progression we used or if it was even planed. I know we lifted five or six days out of the week and worked a different muscle group(s) everyday. But the main idea was to hit that muscle group hard always using different exercises. We used a lot of pyramid sets, negatives, forced reps etc.. I really built a good base for powerlifting this way. My bench climbed from around 250 to the upper 3s in those few years and I grew like a weed.

They are helping me if I need and give me an advice or two once in a while but it's not like they-mostly one guy, actually train me and it's to weird for me, he's like 50 years old and we barely know each other...
I read a lot but I wish there was there someone skilled I know to guide me :(