Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Excuses: Email exchange I had today (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14914)

BendtheBar 09-09-2013 12:56 PM

Excuses: Email exchange I had today

Paraphrased.

Bob: Dear BTB, I work 50 hours a day and can't find time to lift as frequently as I'd like. What should I do?

Me: Let me ask you this...how many hours of TV do you watch a night?

Bob: About 3 to 4. Why?

Me: You are watching 21 to 28 hours a week of TV. I hate to sound harsh, but if you can't give up 3 to 5 of those hours a week to workout then there's nothing I can do to help you.

Bob: But I am tired after work. What can I do about this?

Me: Exercise consistently.

jiorio95 09-09-2013 01:01 PM

Oh boy...

MC 09-09-2013 01:03 PM

Make him pay if he wants advice. He's going to be a LOT of work, if he even gets started.

BigJosh 09-09-2013 01:04 PM

Reminds me of a conversation I had recently regarding not having time because of school and weights being heavy and hard to lift....

Soldier 09-09-2013 01:52 PM

My wife complains ALL THE TIME about not having time to exercise. Whenever I do a program for her she comes back numerous times asking me to whittle it down, and in the end she never does it for more than a few weeks anyways.

She also spends at least 1 hour a day whining about what all her "friends" are talking about in her facebook groups. If she put forth half the effort training that she does finding excuses not to train she'd probably be pretty happy with her results.

If you think I'm going to call her out about it, you're insane. I know better, but there was a time that she told me it's "so easy" for me. I said bullshit. I said it's NOT easy for me to train and worry about my diet all the time and miss time with my family, but I do it because I want the results.

I love my wife, but she sure is nuts.

BendtheBar 09-09-2013 02:12 PM

My wife is the same way. I put together a 2 day per week program that involves 10 minutes of cardio and a 15 minute resistance circuit and she still won't stick to it.

5kgLifter 09-09-2013 02:35 PM

3-4 hrs of TV, wow...he only has to take one hour of that time to see a change...heck, he could even do training (with home DBs) during the pointless ads and still get a decent session in; it's the starting up that's key...everything after that is easy.

I heard the saying..."Started is half done" and it's not far out.

Bronco 09-09-2013 02:51 PM

seriously.
everyone is always so busy.
i'm tired of hearing about it.
3-5 hours of lifting isn't even much of a time commitment compared to other activities.

Trevor Lane 09-09-2013 05:00 PM

I have to admit that if I wasn't fortunate enough to have a job where I am allowed 3 hours per week for fitness during my shifts I would probably only train 2 days a week, but I'd probably make those 2 sessions monstrous 2 hour destroyers of worlds.

jwood 09-09-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 406102)
I have to admit that if I wasn't fortunate enough to have a job where I am allowed 3 hours per week for fitness during my shifts I would probably only train 2 days a week, but I'd probably make those 2 sessions monstrous 2 hour destroyers of worlds.

Jealous, can I come work with you?

There is always time to train, just have to prioritize correctly. If training is something important to you.