Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bodybuilder Daniele Seccarecci Dies (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14877)

BendtheBar 09-04-2013 11:23 AM

Bodybuilder Daniele Seccarecci Dies

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

IFBB Pro Daniele Seccarecci has reportedly passed away after placing 6th at last weekends Nordic Pro.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1378311774

BigJosh 09-04-2013 11:28 AM

Why do these bodybuilders keep dropping dead? It seems often that we hear about middle aged bodybuilders passing away, also it seems like it is often within a few days of a show. Why?

BendtheBar 09-04-2013 11:35 AM

My only guess is that information is resulting in the use of, or experimentation with a broader number of chems. Combine this with a will to win at all costs.

bamazav 09-04-2013 11:56 AM

The stress of the cut leading into the show is rough. A friend who did a show last year has been dealing with all sorts of issues related to the hard cut needed to get BF below 5%. may have been underlying helath issues too. BBrs appear to be healthy so some may not get checked out as regularly as they should.

SeventySeven 09-04-2013 12:12 PM

John Meadows
I HATE diuretics...I really do. What is worse, people are actually PROUD of their post show 30 lb gain over the course of a couple of day diuretic and pig out rebound. At some point these people will realize that the massive electrolyte imbalances this causes can KILL YOU. At the least you are going to suffer major kidney stress and very high blood pressure. I did this a lot when I was younger and dumb and was lucky I didn't give myself kidney failure.

I am hearing another pro bodybuilder passed. Rumors are all over the place so I am not 100%. People are saying he had a post contest electrolyte imbalance that caused cardiac arrhythmia. Just a month or two ago a female bodybuilder passed most likely due to this. Horribly sad.

Please stop bragging about you have gained 30 lbs in 2 days after looking overly dehydrated on stage.

Beverly McD 09-04-2013 01:35 PM

Dehydration can lead to congestive heart failure.
When you rehydrate the body pulls the fluid to the most critical parts first, the internal organ's. Fluid can build up around the heart and lungs faster than the body can dissipate it to other area's. This can lead to congestive heart failure.
No idea if that happened here.

Hunterace 09-04-2013 01:46 PM

Very sad! But unfortunately a standard has been set for bb and how you need to look to win. And I highly doubt it'll go back to the years past where guys or girls were big and strong, but not dehydrated to max levels.

brad1224 09-04-2013 02:11 PM

yeah, he also had heart complications for a few years i read. Doing a show no matter what he takes to get down to that BF prob will not help his condition.

Sad to see him go so young

big_swede 09-04-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventySeven (Post 404664)
John Meadows
I HATE diuretics...I really do. What is worse, people are actually PROUD of their post show 30 lb gain over the course of a couple of day diuretic and pig out rebound. At some point these people will realize that the massive electrolyte imbalances this causes can KILL YOU. At the least you are going to suffer major kidney stress and very high blood pressure. I did this a lot when I was younger and dumb and was lucky I didn't give myself kidney failure.

I am hearing another pro bodybuilder passed. Rumors are all over the place so I am not 100%. People are saying he had a post contest electrolyte imbalance that caused cardiac arrhythmia. Just a month or two ago a female bodybuilder passed most likely due to this. Horribly sad.

Please stop bragging about you have gained 30 lbs in 2 days after looking overly dehydrated on stage.

Absoluteley right, that together with a heart that has been under massive stress allready from cutting and probably stims aswell.

Dangerous game, they play the bodybuilders.