Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Diet Question. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14874)

LindenGarcia18 09-04-2013 05:49 AM

Diet Question.

I was wondering if someone could look at my diet and tell me weather I'm eating enough food, because I'm not sure.

*FOR A NON WORKOUT DAY

MEAL 1

2 WHOLE EGGS, 6 EGG WHITES
1 TINE OF BAKED BEANS
1 APPLE

MEAL 2

2 CUPS OF BROWN RICE
1 BOWL OF VEGITABLES
2 PIECES OF WHITE FISH

MEAL 3

3 TBS PEANUT BUTTER
2 SLICES OF WHOLE MEAL BREAD
1 BANANA
1 APPLE

MEAL 4

12 OZ SWEET POTATO
2 PIECES OF WHITE FISH

MEAL 5
1 TIN OF TUNA

My reason for being skeptical, is that when I add up the calories it doesn't seem very much at all, and is always less than I think (in terms of calories)

What's weird though, is that in the 2 months I've been training, I've gone from 121 to 140.

So I'm leaning towards the side that its ok, and from what youv'e told me before about eating till your full and a little more is present with this diet, but I just wasn't sure.

I think its around 2500 calories, which really isn't allot. I think I remember some of you telling me this is what a normal teen would maintain at so.

I'm guessing as long as I'm gaining weight its ok?

Thanks

- Linden

bamazav 09-04-2013 06:53 AM

If it were me eating that, I would be gaining, I am carb sensitive and your day has a lot more carbs then mine does. That said, if this is what you have been eating, and you have been progressing, why mess with a good thing? If I added anything it would probably be a little variety of proteins. I would go crazy with that much fish.

big_swede 09-04-2013 07:31 AM

Does not look much, but the scale dont lie. You have made good gains so far, dont change things up until you plataue.

Soldier 09-04-2013 07:53 AM

If you're gaining, stick with it. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

5kgLifter 09-04-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 (Post 404581)
I was wondering if someone could look at my diet and tell me weather I'm eating enough food, because I'm not sure.

*FOR A NON WORKOUT DAY

You have non-workout day meals and workout day meals? On average, how many days per week do you have the non-workout day meals?

OHDL 09-04-2013 08:47 AM

To me it doesnt look like much but if you're gaining its obliviously enough for you.

LindenGarcia18 09-04-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

If it were me eating that, I would be gaining, I am carb sensitive and your day has a lot more carbs then mine does. That said, if this is what you have been eating, and you have been progressing, why mess with a good thing?
Thats why, the carbs.

I'm wondering weather the majority of my weight gains is water retention.

Quote:

If I added anything it would probably be a little variety of proteins. I would go crazy with that much fish.
Yeah, I really like fish, though it is getting a little tedious now! :p

Thanks Bam

LindenGarcia18 09-04-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Does not look much, but the scale dont lie. You have made good gains so far, dont change things up until you plataue.

Right I got ya. What would a plateau look like?

Thanks Swede

LindenGarcia18 09-04-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 404592)
If you're gaining, stick with it. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

That was what I was thinking really.

I remember you telling me though about the water and glycogen, and looking at my diet now, like bam said there's allot of carbs in it.

So I'm wondering weather the majority of that weight gain is just water.

I remember you telling me it wasn't before, but then you didn't know exactly what my diet looks like.

Maybe you'll change your mind now that youv'e seen I've eat allot of carbs?

Not sure weather that makes a difference but.

Cheers Soldier

LindenGarcia18 09-04-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 404595)
You have non-workout day meals and workout day meals? On average, how many days per week do you have the non-workout day meals?

well I work out every other day, so say I started monday, I'd workout on that day, then tuesday rest, Wednesday workout, thursday rest, friday workout, sat rest, sunday workout. Repeat.

What I said might have been misleading actually looking back at it.

When I say that was a non workout day meal plan, I just mean I didn't have a couple of bandanas and a whey protein shake.

The diet is exactly the same just minus the shake and bananas.

Thanks Babs