Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Help w/ programing (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14863)

MadScientistOfMaB 09-03-2013 08:08 AM

Help w/ programing

I a failed to see any gains in a month of my newest program so I am going back to what worked for me.
MWF: Modified Drunk Russian training (Squat, Deadlift, Bench, OHP)
week 1 6x2
week 2 6x3
week 3 6x4
week 4 6x5
week 5 6x6
week 6 M 5x5 W 4X4 F 3x3
week 7 M 2x2 W remax squat & bench F remax deadlift & OHP

What should I be doing on Tuesday & Thursday?
I really don't want to take off.
The ideas I'm playing with include olympic lifts or doing a body building day. The only thing that is for sure is grip work. Any suggestions throw them in.
Thanks MaB

PS If anyone says cardio I will glare at you through the computer and have an emoticon give you the finger... but only out of love.

MikeM 09-03-2013 09:03 AM

I tried a fullbody MWF and doing power cleans and snatch T-Th last summer and it didn't go very well. After only a few weeks the cumulative wear and tear on my shoulders and low back which were getting hit essentially everyday caught up with me and I had to stop. Maybe you're young and your joints could take it, but mine couldn't.

I think some bodybuilding stuff would work though.

You also could use those days to do all the foam rolling, stretching, dynamic movements, BW stuff, sled work, etc. to aid in your recovery that most people often don't have time for.

My .02. Good luck.

Off Road 09-03-2013 09:25 AM

That's a lot to recover from already. If I HAD to add anything on off days, it would be [high rep / multiple set] 1 Arm Rows, followed by various sled pulling.

J_Byrd 09-03-2013 09:36 AM

what kind of percentages are those sets at?

MadScientistOfMaB 09-03-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 404332)

Roughly 85% across the board. I found a weight I can do 3x3 and am using that for each workout (335 Squat, 315 Bench, 395 DL, 175 OHP). I never got too stuck on percents just found what I could work with...

Thanks all, will take it under consideration and go from there. Maybe power clean and some bb stuff

J_Byrd 09-03-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadScientistOfMaB (Post 404466)
Roughly 85% across the board. I found a weight I can do 3x3 and am using that for each workout (335 Squat, 315 Bench, 395 DL, 175 OHP). I never got too stuck on percents just found what I could work with...

Thanks all, will take it under consideration and go from there. Maybe power clean and some bb stuff

most sets of 3s are at about 85%

I was talking about the 6x6 week.

ruelisla 09-09-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadScientistOfMaB (Post 404294)
I a failed to see any gains in a month of my newest program so I am going back to what worked for me.
MWF: Modified Drunk Russian training (Squat, Deadlift, Bench, OHP)
week 1 6x2
week 2 6x3
week 3 6x4
week 4 6x5
week 5 6x6
week 6 M 5x5 W 4X4 F 3x3
week 7 M 2x2 W remax squat & bench F remax deadlift & OHP

What should I be doing on Tuesday & Thursday?
I really don't want to take off.
The ideas I'm playing with include olympic lifts or doing a body building day. The only thing that is for sure is grip work. Any suggestions throw them in.
Thanks MaB

PS If anyone says cardio I will glare at you through the computer and have an emoticon give you the finger... but only out of love.

What you should do on tuesday and thurday?

My answer is rest. this is the time where your body recuperate and make muscle gains.

I also do not do cardio specially when you want to gain weight.

What i do for cardio is i do 1 set of 25 to 45 reps on squat and deadlift. this will really pump up your lungs and muscle.

miked96 09-09-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 404332)

If he is using the Russian Squat program as a guide its 80%. Your heavy day starts at 6x3 and builds to 6x6. Then you go 85% and higher for 5x5, 4x4,etc. My Olympic lifting coach used it to peak leg strength for meets. You squatted twice a week instead of three. The light day stays at 80% 6x2. It works well when done like that.

MadScientistOfMaB 09-10-2013 12:24 PM

I figured screw it, why not try something new and just started a smolov cycle. It is nuts. All I do now is add bench or pull ups depending on the day and do some light clean and jerk or snatches each day (working on form)

MadScientistOfMaB 09-10-2013 12:24 PM

I figured screw it, why not try something new and just started a smolov cycle (using olymipc squat stance). It is nuts. All I do now is add bench or pull ups depending on the day and do some light clean and jerk or snatches each day (working on form)