Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Creatine question (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14796)

JT114 08-26-2013 01:05 PM

Creatine question

What's a good creatine?

I've only been lifting for about 9 months and I'm looking into buying some creatine. I have never taken it before, but I've been told to buy a 100% creatine monohydrate and thats about it. I have also heard that all of them are about the same as far as performance so a cheaper version is fine. Since they all seem to be sandy or gritty, is any better than another? I was planning on taking it with my protein shake after my workout so I would prefer that it has no flavor added.

BigJosh 08-26-2013 01:19 PM

Along with what you've been told about 100% Creatine Monohydrate, you want to look for micronized Creapure creatine.
I personally buy Optimum Nutrition.

Ancrel 08-26-2013 01:22 PM

The 100% creatine monohydrate is all you need and its cheapest, tasteless i put it in my shake post workout everyday.

I also don't recommend loading up on it just take 1 tea spoon a day and after a month your body will be saturated sufficiently.

I'm no expert on supps but this is what i have found, hope it helps.

Tannhauser 08-26-2013 01:28 PM

My view is that it doesn't matter and that the differences between companies are largely brand positioning. So some companies go for large volume - low margin - they sell cheap and market themselves as 'no frills'. Other companies go for low volume - high margin. They market themselves as 'quality'. But all essentially sell the same product doing the same thing, and the differences may not be worth fretting about.

I don't have any evidence for this, but I've watched manufacturers trying to spin creatine a thousand different ways in order to compete within a saturated marketplace.

I love creatine, but I can't tell a bit of difference in its effects from one brand to another.

Ryano 08-26-2013 02:18 PM

I like Concret Creatine. It dissolves instantly and you only take it 1 hour pre-training and not necessary on non training days. I just ordered more from Muscle and Strength.

jdmalm123 08-26-2013 08:00 PM

Creature creatine has been good for me. Dissolves easy and the flavor is tasty, not gritty or chemical-tasting.

bgben3 08-26-2013 08:59 PM

Yes you should be fine with creatine mono, I had good results from regular mono. I hated the gritty texture and it also upset my stomach which sometimes effected my workouts. I switched to Kre Alkalyn pill form, I like it much better. No more discomfort in my stomach, so I can concentrate on lifting better

Henry19 08-26-2013 09:04 PM

I would recommend simple Creatine Monohydrate from any reputable supplement company. I personally use dymatize, which is something like 1000g (200 servings) for $20. I personally think that expensive creatine supplements like Con-Cret are a waste of money as they do the same thing as a simple monohydrate.

gaspers04 08-27-2013 05:03 AM

Just got a kilo of Mono in the mail yesterday, $18.

JT114 08-27-2013 01:05 PM

Thanks for all the info.