Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Nutrition help! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14571)

JumpmanRugs 08-05-2013 11:59 AM

Nutrition help!

Okay, so I've just read this article I found on here

http://muscleandbrawn.com/bulldozer-...ulking-system/

And was wondering if anybody has tried it? If i'm being truthful I get very bored with bulking / cutting diets, so this is perfect for me. I hate not seeing strength gains and size gains, and yet on this cut (I feel like I've cut a bit too drastically, and too fast) and I feel like I've lost a little strength.

I wanted to drop some bodyfat, and at first I felt great eating really well and cutting my calories, and now I feel less excited by it (despite being an overly motivated person) and craving a lot more. I want to see size increase, but stay lean and lose fat. I think right now I'm around 10%, but I want to be 8% by the season I think. Trouble is, I feel great at the weight I am now, and felt even better at 202lbs! At 202lbs (It was a drastic increase, about 14lbs in approximately 2 months, and not tracking anything, just going off what I felt) I felt fantastic, but I felt different on court and like I was a step off (Could be due to lack of playing ude to moving house and working mad hours / finishing my dissertation and my exhibition).

I don't really know what I want to do with my nutrition right now, although I feel like I have answered my own question perhaps?

So to break it down:
  1. I get bored easily with bulking and cutting
  2. Felt great eating loads and being heavier
  3. Felt fantastic at the start of my cut, not so excited now (Carbs weren't drastically low, around 150-200 grams because of my work load)
  4. Eating disorders from my past have me a bit dubious about consuming larger amounts of fat, despite the fact I know exactly what I'm doing.
  5. I feel a million times better on court and off when I'm at my strongest, not when I'm lower strength / low fat. Bit of a catch 22 really as I want to be mad lean too.

I know what I'm doing guys I promise, just a bit confused and need help refocusing with it really.

Any help? Maybe this was just me venting, I dunno really.

Thanks for reading this junk lol!

big_swede 08-05-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

I feel great at the weight I am now, and felt even better at 202lbs! At 202lbs (It was a drastic increase, about 14lbs in approximately 2 months, and not tracking anything, just going off what I felt) I felt fantastic
You say it yourself here. You are a tall fella at 6'2 and have long limbs, I have the same body composition and I guess you have a high metabolism aswell?

Also you are a ballplayer and a lifter, If I were you, I would just eat eat eat! Try to focus on recovery instead of what you weigh. Do you feel recovered when you play or at the gym? Are you gaining strength? Make that your priority at the dinner table and I think things will pretty much come together by itself.

JumpmanRugs 08-05-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_swede (Post 395029)
You say it yourself here. You are a tall fella at 6'2 and have long limbs, I have the same body composition and I guess you have a high metabolism aswell?

Also you are a ballplayer and a lifter, If I were you, I would just eat eat eat! Try to focus on recovery instead of what you weigh. Do you feel recovered when you play or at the gym? Are you gaining strength? Make that your priority at the dinner table and I think things will pretty much come together by itself.

My metabolism is ridiculiously fast, annoying and very expensive sometimes lol!

I do feel recovered when I'm eating a bit more (obviously eating cleanly) and I was gaining strength, and even was at the start of my cut, but now I don't feel so strong at all. Just seems to have dropped.

I think you're right in terms of recovery, I won't become a fatty and my BF % won't really increase because of my work load, but recovery and taking care of my body has to come first. I can be mad strong without having to be aesthetic as such (I think this is a bother for me based on my eating disorders and mental illnesses in the past), so long as my BF stays pretty low (Not bodybuilder low, but you know what sort of low I mean)

big_swede 08-05-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpmanRugs (Post 395031)
My metabolism is ridiculiously fast, annoying and very expensive sometimes lol!

I do feel recovered when I'm eating a bit more (obviously eating cleanly) and I was gaining strength, and even was at the start of my cut, but now I don't feel so strong at all. Just seems to have dropped.

I think you're right in terms of recovery, I won't become a fatty and my BF % won't really increase because of my work load, but recovery and taking care of my body has to come first. I can be mad strong without having to be aesthetic as such (I think this is a bother for me based on my eating disorders and mental illnesses in the past), so long as my BF stays pretty low (Not bodybuilder low, but you know what sort of low I mean)

Im the same and I know how expensive It can get. Also I know you will have to eat very very dirty to became fat, considering all your activity I think its very unlikely! =)

moeheep 08-05-2013 12:47 PM

I have used the Bulldozing Bulking Syatem and had good luck with it.

NOW...I have different circumstances than you, I am 50 yrs old, much slower metabolism, and I am a former fatty...so traditional Bulks dont go over very well with me.

JumpmanRugs 08-10-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_swede (Post 395033)
Im the same and I know how expensive It can get. Also I know you will have to eat very very dirty to became fat, considering all your activity I think its very unlikely! =)

THat's true bud, I think it's just me wanting everything all at once and my history of severe eating disorders make me feel that way sometimes (OP). It's funny, I understand how everything works, what I'm doing and how i work, yet I still want things faster when I know it won't happen lol. Nevermind aye! Back to red meats and eating what I like really. I'm still eating clean but eating more calories really, more carbs for the most part, with some more protein.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeheep (Post 395034)
I have used the Bulldozing Bulking Syatem and had good luck with it.

NOW...I have different circumstances than you, I am 50 yrs old, much slower metabolism, and I am a former fatty...so traditional Bulks dont go over very well with me.

I am considering it, but not 100% yet. I migh try it and see how my body responds performance wise for basketball, then go again.

Haha you're good man, I know VERY FEW (1, maybe 2) in the shape you are in at your age!