Grambo's Shredding Journey
Hey there Muscle and Brawn crew!
Unlike some of the other forums I see that training logs are the best way to really participate and be part of the community......So here I am.
Cliff Notes about me and this log:
Weight: 174.4 (as of this morning, new Low for the cut)
Training Exp: About 15 years
- Head Purus Labs Rep (4 years)
- Nutritional Science B.S., completing PharmD program.
Goal: Be as ripped as possible with 6 pack come August working Purus booth at the Europa Dallas (Come by and see us!)
**Last September starting slowly cutting at 203-205, the biggest I had been in awhile but nowhere close to my biggest (220). Went a little to crash diet drastic to hit Padre Beach in March at 176. For about a month+ I pretty much wasn't dieting AT ALL gained weight back quick. Decided with my last year in school and some time on my hands I wanted to give it all I had and try to get lowest I had ever been.
** I am now in my 9th week of pure cutting with a Coach JOHN HOLLYWOOD. Been slowly losing weight and now down 12 pounds of what seems to be pure fat. I am confident I am already leaner than I have ever been. But I think we can take that to the next level!
** Will most likely be sticking with JOHN all the way until August, money permitting. I'd already recommend him highly and his recent Pro wins with clients speaks for itself. Basically put all my info here thoughts, feelings, supplements, diet and training to connect with you guys and keep things rolling.
my dude! grambo you made it over here! def going to follow your log man!
Subbed, stoked to follow your progress!
Purus Labs Rep
In for the win.
Hitting the iron now. First update to come tonight. Post workout fish tacos await as we'll
Morning weigh in: 174.4
MACROS: 200 carbs/225 protein/45 fat (Normal training day macros)
Few things I ate today:
- Protein pancakes with sugar free/calorie free syrup
- Cauliflower crust pizza
- Ground turkey wrap
- Fish Tacos (These were insanely good, google "tilapia tacos bodybuilding")
I am off in June so I have time to cook up things when I am bored. I expect the variety to drop drastically in July!
9AM: Fasted MISS Cardio on Treadmill burned 450 calories
- love this cardio as I just zone out and listen to podcasts
-I don't always do fasted just felt like it today
8PM: Chest/Shoulder/Tri Hypertrophy Day
Incline DB Press 75lbx 9/8/8 + Bench Leg raises between sets
Bench Press 205x 6/6
DB Flys 25x 15/15 (usually do cable but was taken)
DB OHP Standing 55x 6/6/6 (Honestly little too heavy will drop it down)
DB Lateral Raise Drop Set 20lb/15lb/8lb 3 sets of 10/10/10 (30 reps per set)
Rope Press downs 140x 10/10 + Cabel crunches between sets 110x 20/20
Dips BW+55x 9/9/9
- Felt really great today, really good lifting session this far into a cut haven't seen much drop in strength hardly at all. Im not flying up in weights but making small increases here and there, or at least staying the same.
- Moving my high carb (300g) day form Saturday to Friday as I will be playing basketball in the morning and then lifting later in the afternoon. I expect a weight drop!
- The last time I was anywhere close to this weight was 2005 and I was doing Triathlon type training a lost a ton of muscle. I look leaner daily and honestly would say I am in the bet shape of my life bodyfat wise.
I am not sure how I feel about competing. Its definitely not something I am super passionate about but in my mind I's like to try it once just to know what it's like.
Worth every penny for John by the way. Higher carbs than I use to cut myself on and first time following more of a IIFYM type diet as well. I feel strength muscle retention has been great so far and wish I had used him forever ago, I think I lost more strength cutting with another coach and by myself for sure.
Good update, I enjoy the details, and it gives me a general idea of what training with John is like.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.