Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AdamNC's Training Log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14020)

AdamNC 06-12-2013 05:26 PM

AdamNC's Training Log

So a little about me. I'm a new member to the forum, 28 years old 5'6, and 129lbs, I've worked out one and off since high school, but never made any progress, obviously, gaining size or strength. Looking back I know diet and consistency has been my biggest issue. I've been pretty consistent since about the first of the year and switched from a bodypart split 4x/wk to a full body workout 3x/wk. Since then I've gained about 10lbs (was 118lbs). To focus more on core lifts it was suggested by forum members to try the MAB Full Body Workout, which I started today. It was pretty intense, but I feel accomplished more than exhausted, which is how I felt with my previous workout because I was doing too many exercises. I know my lifts are pretty weak, but this is where I am.

Workout Wednesday June 12, 2013

Deadlift (conventional)
8x135
8x155
8x165
Last week I only got 5 reps at 165

Seated Military Press
8x55
6x55
6x55

Pull-Ups 10,6,4
I was surprised I could get 10. I can't remember the last time I did a pull up. I usually do lat pulldowns.

Dips 19,10,8

Seated Calf Raise
15x80
10x80
8x80

Dumbell Shrugs
12x40
10x40
10x40
I know they werent in the program but I added them in.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated

skids 06-12-2013 07:21 PM

Nice one Adam, everything looks great all you have to do now is work on progression. Theres not much point me giving you any more pointers, you have completely hammered me in the dips & pull ups. :hulk:

MikeM 06-12-2013 11:53 PM

Haha. You got me in pullups! I couldn't do 10 with a mule on the other end of the winch.

Just keep plugging away and you'll get where you want to go.

Rock on.

fenrisulfr 06-13-2013 02:58 AM

Nice work, keep doing what you're doing.

I WILL 06-13-2013 05:23 AM

Yep, you win the pull ups contest hands down. And you see you were worried!:) Keep at it.

leefarley 06-13-2013 05:59 AM

nice work, yeah you hammered me on the dips and pull ups too.

one little thing I wouldn't go adding to much on to this workouts, you don't really need too, they are all compound lifts using a full body.

AdamNC 06-13-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leefarley (Post 374427)
nice work, yeah you hammered me on the dips and pull ups too.

one little thing I wouldn't go adding to much on to this workouts, you don't really need too, they are all compound lifts using a full body.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess in comparison to my old workout, It seemed like to got finished so quickly that I needed to do something else.

I appreciate the encouragement y'all. Its not something I get often in reference to weightlifting. In my social circle, people think its odd that I go to the gym because since I'm already skinny they don't understand why I want to gain weight. Because you know, the only reason a non-athletic works out is to lose weight, right?

leefarley 06-13-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamNC (Post 374431)
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess in comparison to my old workout, It seemed like to got finished so quickly that I needed to do something else.

I appreciate the encouragement y'all. Its not something I get often in reference to weightlifting. In my social circle, people think its odd that I go to the gym because since I'm already skinny they don't understand why I want to gain weight. Because you know, the only reason a non-athletic works out is to lose weight, right?

these people you talk of they need there heads examined.

OHDL 06-13-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamNC (Post 374431)

I hate this way of thinking :banghead:

BendtheBar 06-13-2013 10:59 AM

Will be following along. Smash your goals.