Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Diet Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   The Hitman Carb Backloads (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13717)

IrishHitman 05-15-2013 04:16 PM

The Hitman Carb Backloads

As some of you already know, I'm going to be working on becoming a firefighter over the course of this next year or so. I am signed up to take the Candidate Physical Ability Test in July. I have 7 weeks from today before my first shot. I would like to drop about 20 pounds between now and then. I will be doing carb backloading and hoping for the best. Still will be training heavy using BIG, but will also be throwing in conditioning using stadiums, bear crawls, low crawls, etc., while wearing a weighted vest to prepare for this. I want to be in MEAN shape when I take the test so I can excel. I will have the official report tonight, but right now, this first "NO"-carb day SUCKS. Thank goodness for coffee.

fenrisulfr 05-15-2013 06:31 PM

Cbl is for getting stronger, not cutting. You might have problems with a goal of -20 lbs. Sugar free jello and green fiber veggies are your friends for prep phase.

linedriver465 05-15-2013 06:53 PM

Welcome to the CBL/CN camp :)

If you're looking to cut 20lbs in 7 weeks, I'd look in to Carb nite with once or twice weekly carb refeeds. Strength may take a little hit compared to CBL, but you'll be a lot lot leaner compared to running CBL.

Just my $0.02

Fen and myself probably have the most experience with CN/CBL on this forum so feel free to reach out to either of us!

BigJosh 05-15-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishHitman (Post 363819)
As some of you already know, I'm going to be working on becoming a firefighter over the course of this next year or so. I am signed up to take the Candidate Physical Ability Test in July. I have 7 weeks from today before my first shot. I would like to drop about 20 pounds between now and then. I will be doing carb backloading and hoping for the best. Still will be training heavy using BIG, but will also be throwing in conditioning using stadiums, bear crawls, low crawls, etc., while wearing a weighted vest to prepare for this. I want to be in MEAN shape when I take the test so I can excel. I will have the official report tonight, but right now, this first "NO"-carb day SUCKS. Thank goodness for coffee.

Hang in there man. In my experience the first 5-7 days suck on low carb, but after that you adjust. Make sure you get plenty of fats in the first week, they will help with some of the effects. Looking forward to seeing how this works for you. I think with your activity levels, you will drop weight on CBl, just keep the nightly backloads within reason. If weightloss slows you can switch to carb nite or a low carb diet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by linedriver465 (Post 363872)

Fen and myself probably have the most experience with CN/CBL on this forum so feel free to reach out to either of us!

I couldn't help to laugh at this statement. Do you know how many guys on this forum have used or are using these diet approaches? :smack:

gaspers04 05-15-2013 08:21 PM

"I couldn't help to laugh at this statement. Do you know how many guys on this forum have used or are using these diet approaches? "

Round Eye is.

gaspers04 05-15-2013 08:23 PM

Its a piece of cake Brother. As "You Go Now/BigJosh" stated, up your fat intake to curb the cravings and hunger pangs from zeroing out on Carbs.

Disciple X 05-15-2013 08:40 PM

I'll put my 2 cents in here. I ran a version of carb back loading ( 0 carbs on non training weekdays, 0 carbs preworkout on training days followed by 250-350g carbs post workout, and eating whatever i felt like on the weekends) and it got me to 12-14% bf pretty quick, but then i stalled out. If i had been stict over the weekend, i could have probably ridden it down even lower. I recently switched to keto and kicked the fat loss back in gear. I really miss cbl :) rainbow sherbert post workout is amazing...

Disciple X 05-15-2013 08:43 PM

I will admit though, that my setup has my weights down pretty bad in the gym... but from what i'm reading, that shouldnt be a problem for you. I doubt thry're going to test your max squat :)

IrishHitman 05-15-2013 11:33 PM

20 pounds of weight loss might be a bit overzealous, but it's worth a shot. If nothing else, I will lose some weight, so that is good.

Total protein today: about 220 grams
Total Carbs: about 25. It came down tonight to "Do I want a scoop of rice or a tall glass of milk?" I gain more from the glass of milk protein and fat-wise, so I opted for that to take care of the carbs.

I have no doubt that with the calorie deficit I will most likely be in, that I will not have a problem. I am a cook, so very active there, planning on doing my cardio stuff on off-training days, and keeping on with heavy-ass weights. I hope to maintain strength levels.

I appreciate the offers of help, and will definitely consult y'all in the future.

I WILL 05-16-2013 04:35 AM

That is awesome Irish. I know you'll kick butt!:thrasher: