Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Protein powders, protein bars and weight gainers (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1300)

BendtheBar 11-25-2009 11:46 AM

Protein powders, protein bars and weight gainers

I'm putting together an article on protein, and want to list some quality protein bars, powders and weight gainers in the article.

Which do you feel are top quality?

AthleteCreator 11-25-2009 11:50 AM

I've decided to spend some $$ once I run out of the stuff I have now and try out some other brands.

On the list is BioTest, Sun Warrior, and ProteinFactory.

I've also tried Empyrean Insu-Pro. It is a version of Biotest's highly guarded "Anaconda". I think it has helped recovery immensely.

Oh, and for what's on my shelf right now along with the Insu-pro: Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey and 100% Gold Standard Casein.

BendtheBar 11-25-2009 12:03 PM

Optimum Nutrition seems to be one of the kings.

I can't add Biotest because it is proprietary. This article is for a website that can't sell Biotest. (obviously it's not T-nation)

Can I add Cytosport? Sciavation? EAS Myoplex?

BendtheBar 11-25-2009 12:10 PM

Labrada?

Grim83 11-25-2009 12:18 PM

My top companies that i love are

Met-Rx
Six Star
Cytosport
Now
Optimum

btw thats in order, talking protein powder, met-rx and 6star are the 2 best i've tried, labrada has some awesome bars, and im currently waiting on my gaspari intra-pro to arrive will review when it gets here

kman025 11-25-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 12050)
My top companies that i love are

Met-Rx
Six Star
Cytosport
Now
Optimum

btw thats in order, talking protein powder, met-rx and 6star are the 2 best i've tried, labrada has some awesome bars, and im currently waiting on my gaspari intra-pro to arrive will review when it gets here

sorry MAB, this wont help you article.

I love met-rx and cytosport because you can get there shit anywhere. All these gas stations near me started carryung muscle milk and every good gas station has met-rx bars. Just saying, its making it more convientient (sp).

BendtheBar 11-25-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 12056)
sorry MAB, this wont help you article.

I love met-rx and cytosport because you can get there shit anywhere. All these gas stations near me started carryung muscle milk and every good gas station has met-rx bars. Just saying, its making it more convientient (sp).

That's alright. It will help my brain.

glwanabe 11-25-2009 04:21 PM

I like the stuff I get at Wal-Mart. I drink several shakes at work during my day. I mix it with water at work, and take 3 fish oil caps, and three dessicated liver tabs with it. I also have a package of instant oats to round out my meals at work.

I prefer the Body Fortress over the Six Star. The Body Fortress seems to dissolve better.

Some times I get EAS from the other Grocery store i shop, but it is 10 bucks more. I can buy almost two tubs of BF as compared to the EAS.

BendtheBar 11-25-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 12079)
I like the stuff I get at Wal-Mart. I drink several shakes at work during my day. I mis it with water at work, and take 3 fish oil caps, and three dessicated liver tabs with it. I also have a package of instant oats to round out my meals at work.

I prefer the Body Fortress over the Six Star. The Body Fortress seems to dissolve better.

Some times I get EAS from the other Grocery store i shop, but it is 10 bucks more. I can buy almost two tubs of BF as compared to the EAS.

Body Fortress mixes very well.

Bodybygamma 11-25-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 12047)
Optimum Nutrition seems to be one of the kings.

I can't add Biotest because it is proprietary. This article is for a website that can't sell Biotest. (obviously it's not T-nation)

Can I add Cytosport? Sciavation? EAS Myoplex?

Ordered some protein from Optimum Nutrition off I'll Pump you up, only protein I have liked so far. I am not a big fan of eas, taste was crap, and metrix was way to chaulky to down. I haven't tried sciavation but I heard its delicious. \

As far as I am concerned,mix some peanut butter, milk and chocolate syrup in your protein and down it. Its like super chocolate milk. Another tip to drinking shakes for those like me who still don't really care for them, add scoops of ice cream or eat cookies with them.MMMMMM cookies! :thrasher::rockon: