Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What do you consider required? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297)

titanxvx 11-25-2009 04:33 AM

What do you consider required?

I'll have to admit I've turned into a bit of a pessimist when it comes to supps.
All the bs hype and some education in marketing psychology and nutrition has left me in a conundrum :confused:. That said, my question to everyone is if you where to recommend one tried and true quality supplement besides protein or creatine what would it be?

BendtheBar 11-25-2009 08:04 AM

That's a tough one. At my age, 42, it would be a test booster. I've used several test boosters and can notice the difference in certain areas of my life for about 2 weeks at a time.

Keep in mind, a test booster wouldn't be used for muscle growth. More for just bringing more normalcy back to life and giving every edge I can to my training.

Protein, creatine, multivitamin, and test booster.

moore_716 11-25-2009 08:56 AM

that's tough one for me too. Ph's are out and you really cannot take them as a standalone anyway. If you can find it youmay want to try Jungle Warfare from ALR. I used it and it was great for lean mass and strength gains. Nothing like a ph, but along the same lines and it can be used all by itself. They just discontinued it and I myself am looking for some.

titanxvx 11-25-2009 10:04 AM

brand recommendation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 11998)
That's a tough one. At my age, 42, it would be a test booster. I've used several test boosters and can notice the difference in certain areas of my life for about 2 weeks at a time.

Keep in mind, a test booster wouldn't be used for muscle growth. More for just bringing more normalcy back to life and giving every edge I can to my training.

Protein, creatine, multivitamin, and test booster.

You have a few years on me but not many. I'm 38. I tried a few different brands of test boosters about 5-6 years ago but cannot even recall the brands. I was throwing so much stuff (all legal) in my system at the time I didn't know what was or wasn't working on an individual basis. Can you recommend anything specific? Can you also go into detail on "2 weeks at a time". Are they short cycles?

BendtheBar 11-25-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titanxvx (Post 12025)
You have a few years on me but not many. I'm 38. I tried a few different brands of test boosters about 5-6 years ago but cannot even recall the brands. I was throwing so much stuff (all legal) in my system at the time I didn't know what was or wasn't working on an individual basis. Can you recommend anything specific? Can you also go into detail on "2 weeks at a time". Are they short cycles?

Last year I tried Prolab's Horny Goat Weed.

ProLab Horny Goat Weed - IllPumpYouUp.com

It's relatively inexpensive, and within several days I noticed some activity in "my boys." I also began to have morning wood, which is something that hadn't happened for many years. I was also more sexually interested.

This really surprised me because I was expecting no benefit whatsoever. And as us old guys know, sometimes time gets a hold of you and you forget what it was like to be young.

This might be TMI for the younger guys.

After about 2 weeks, the effects decreased.

I would also like to state that my normal test levels are very low. I;ve had then checked several times this year. Someone with more normal test levels might not feel any difference.

titanxvx 11-25-2009 10:20 AM

discontinued?

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore_716 (Post 12007)
that's tough one for me too. Ph's are out and you really cannot take them as a standalone anyway. If you can find it youmay want to try Jungle Warfare from ALR. I used it and it was great for lean mass and strength gains. Nothing like a ph, but along the same lines and it can be used all by itself. They just discontinued it and I myself am looking for some.

I never got into ph's. Allot of support products involved. The FDA's put a foot on most if not all of them anyway. This last year saw some hardcore actions.
What happened to Jungle warfare? Was it banned or just discontinued. What was in it that made it a recommendation?

AthleteCreator 11-25-2009 10:28 AM

If I had to choose something other than protein and creatine, I would choose the most highly underrated supplement in the industry:

High quality food!!

titanxvx 11-25-2009 11:09 AM

I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthleteCreator (Post 12032)
If I had to choose something other than protein and creatine, I would choose the most highly underrated supplement in the industry:

High quality food!!

I'm into that deep. Been studying nutrition for the past few years. I've cleaned up my diet something fierce. But I still love a good pizza now and then!