Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you deal with this? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11919)

samW 12-13-2012 11:58 AM

How do you deal with this?

I was talking to a friend and said that I was going to get into body building so I could have more self esteem. She was like why do you want to do that? Do you realize you will look gross all muscular and all? Why do people have to be this way and what can you say to them when they say it?

Fazc 12-13-2012 12:35 PM

You can't live your life caring about what people think :) Just do what makes you happy.

BendtheBar 12-13-2012 12:38 PM

Part of living a healthy, well rounded life involves removing and/or ignoring the "life suckers".

Squatter 12-13-2012 12:43 PM

I agree with Fazc. Her vision or perception of what you may look like and yours are likely 2 different things. I'd like to know since when were muscles gross? I can see some people not liking how the super shredded guys on stage or in some magazines look, but for the average guy seeking a solid muscular build? I think most women find it attractive.

SCStrong 12-13-2012 01:39 PM

It is not the critic who counts nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where, the doer of deeds, could have done better.
The cretdit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat.............(Partial Quote by Theodore Roosevelt)

Ignore the nay sayers- they are afraid for you to get strong because it will remind them, that they are weak.

Rich Knapp 12-14-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samW (Post 301119)
I was talking to a friend and said that I was going to get into body building so I could have more self esteem. She was like why do you want to do that? Do you realize you will look gross all muscular and all? Why do people have to be this way and what can you say to them when they say it?

Well people like that don't count. Obviously they don't know why we do it or how we look other than show prep. You can't care what others think. Your freind never had a "muscler guy" . They all say its gross but there eyes can't unglue off a guy like that on TV, at beach, in bar or at the park even if there mouth says gross.

People like this say that be are fewer than the people that support you. People like this I just don't talk bodybuilding with them. I stay friends but no bodybuilding talks. As you grow they won't even realize it until they see old pics because they will see you on the journey.

Pic your friends wisely and tolerate your enemies.

Short story side, I tell them "It's better than were I was going."

Rich Knapp 12-14-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

lol Ask her this? "So your having "Larry the Cable Guy" strip/dance at your bacheloret party in stead of the "Chippendals?"

SCStrong 12-14-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 301426)
lol Ask her this? "So your having "Larry the Cable Guy" strip/dance at your bacheloret party in stead of the "Chippendals?"

Too funny - I see everyone screaming " my eyes! it's hurting my eyes!" :)

lazette 12-14-2012 08:44 PM

Ignore your friend. She is most likely saying it out of jealousy.

EliteDreams 12-15-2012 02:50 AM

You just told her - to have more self esteem. True friends support your decisions,although I have associates who,we tolerate each other.
Quote: