Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Back to Back Meets and Answering a Question (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11591)

brandonlilly3 11-05-2012 06:10 AM

Back to Back Meets and Answering a Question

Hey guys thanks for you support and encouragement the past few weeks. I like this board and as I said I'd come around for sure. I had no idea things would go so well for me at either competition, I really and very thankful.

Lastly someone asked why lifters point their hands out before Deads? I am only speaking for myself, but as I gained weight and size in the stomach I found that more often than not I was breathing into my chest and not into my stomach. Keeping my arms ups allowed me to pull more air in the way I felt was most beneficial for me. Hope this helps.:rockon:

LtL 11-05-2012 06:16 AM

Awesome numbers Brandon. Very impressive. Are you getting back in gear now?

RobMoriRB 11-05-2012 07:21 AM

Welcome to the forums, and you had one hell of a meet. I was wondering, how do you mentally prep your self before Squatting on meet day??

Ryano 11-05-2012 08:05 AM

Great job at the meet Brandon.

J_Byrd 11-05-2012 08:57 AM

impressive all around total. No weak lift, very good at all 3.

BendtheBar 11-05-2012 09:13 AM

Great pulling. Didn't get to see your other lifts yet. Looking forward to a video.

ONpump17 11-05-2012 09:47 AM

Welcome to the forum BLilly, and great lifing indeed. I'm glad to see even more top-tier lifters joining, you'll find this place to be a lot better than BB.com.
You conducted back-to-back meets with a proficiency that I bet even Henry Thomason would admire.

DieselWeasel 11-06-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonlilly3 (Post 290124)
Hey guys thanks for you support and encouragement the past few weeks. I like this board and as I said I'd come around for sure. I had no idea things would go so well for me at either competition, I really and very thankful.

Lastly someone asked why lifters point their hands out before Deads? I am only speaking for myself, but as I gained weight and size in the stomach I found that more often than not I was breathing into my chest and not into my stomach. Keeping my arms ups allowed me to pull more air in the way I felt was most beneficial for me. Hope this helps.:rockon:

That was a monster total you got over the weekend. Congrats, Brandon. Oh, and your beard deserves a congratulations too. :D

I was the one who asked the arms raised question. Thanks for the answer. I think you're different than most because you have a rationale for doing it. I get the impression that the majority of lifters do it because they see other guys do it, not knowing why, just following the herd, like most other aspects of their lives.

Iamnoone 11-06-2012 03:26 PM

Congrats on the lifts. It was great to see you on the live stream

austin.j.taylor 11-06-2012 10:43 PM

I am as impressed with your beard as I am with your lifting. Do you plan on starting a log of your training?