Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What foods and drinks will help me gain muscle mass? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10826)

noclue 08-12-2012 10:30 AM

What foods and drinks will help me gain muscle mass?

I want to gain some muscle since I have none. What drinks and foods can help me acchieve this besides starting to lift?

5kgLifter 08-12-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noclue (Post 267685)
I want to gain some muscle since I have none. What drinks and foods can help me acchieve this besides starting to lift?

Eat good foods, at least most of the time (veggies, meats, fish, fruit, starches) or all of the time depending on how "clean" you prefer your diet, and as long as you eat more calories than the body is burning and add a little on top to permit the body to produce/build extra lean mass, that should work.

You may or may not want to go into macros P/C/F ratios and the like; you may also want to have protein shakes and bars...but they certainly aren't necessary and definitely not so much at the beginning level anyway; other's views on this may differ, but they may also be able to give you more guidance on their usages as well, whereas I can't since I don't use them.

If you're not gaining weight (slowly) or you start losing weight when you are trying to stabilise the weight you're at, then just readjust the diet slightly and recheck for a couple of weeks, both on the scale and using a tape measure (that can't be emphasised enough, an area that many don't bother with but it shows changes in your body which you may not see), and continue along those lines.

A food diary will help so that you can track what you've eaten and will help for a quick reference should you need to make changes etc.

Pictures taken once a month (for your own personal viewing, if preferred) will also help you see changes because you can sit them side by side and look at month 1 and compare it to month 3 to see whether you're progressing in the way you want to.

Fazc 08-12-2012 11:03 AM

Just concentrate on good wholesome meals. Eating the usual assortment of 'healthy' foods will suffice for now. Try and have a good balance of protein, carbs, fiber and fat in each meal without over stressing any particular one.

Building a good looking healthy body on the outside should be synonymous with building a good healthy body on the inside too.

leefarley 08-12-2012 11:40 AM

eat clean as much as you can

all meats and fish
cheese
milk
eggs
potatoes
pasta
rice
all fruits and veggies
beans
then you could add a couple of protein shakes to that.

TitanCT 08-12-2012 11:49 AM

Depending on your body type and generally how much mass you'd like to add, you may or may NOT choose to eat clean. But eating entirely clean 100% of the time is NOT necessary on a bulk. I'm not saying you shouldnt, but you do not need to.

Anyway without knowing these specifics, the easiest advice is to just eat more calories than you burn.

JacktheThriller 08-15-2012 08:42 PM

Ultimate Gainer

Assorted meats
Ice Cream
12 Eggs
1 Liter of olive oil

Blend and enjoy

DO NOT MAKE THIS IT IS A JOKE!!

70sBB 08-15-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacktheThriller (Post 268598)
Ultimate Gainer

Assorted meats
Ice Cream
12 Eggs
1 Liter of olive oil

Blend and enjoy

This might have the makings of a good challenge.

IronManlet 08-16-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Ultimate Gainer

Assorted meats
Ice Cream
12 Eggs
1 Liter of olive oil

Blend and enjoy

Challenge accepted.

big_swede 08-16-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Ultimate Gainer

Assorted meats
Ice Cream
12 Eggs
1 Liter of olive oil

Blend and enjoy

To late. Burp..

bruteforce 08-16-2012 10:54 AM

The get big drink.

1 quart ice cream
1 gallon chocolate milk
1 pound whey powder

Blend it up and drink it throughout the day.