Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   P90x any good at all (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10756)

troy86 08-01-2012 09:35 PM

P90x any good at all

My girlfriend has all of a sudden become interested in p90x and wants to buy it this weekend. Does it have any value at all or am I just wasting money?

bamazav 08-01-2012 09:51 PM

It has value to someone, let her waste her money on it. :D

moeheep 08-02-2012 09:23 AM

I started my weight loss on P90X, I got bored very quickly. I liked the weight lifting aspects of it, so I dropped P90X, started with weight lifting only, lost 100 pounds, and here I am......

kitarpyar 08-02-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy86 (Post 264699)
My girlfriend has all of a sudden become interested in p90x and wants to buy it this weekend. Does it have any value at all or am I just wasting money?

One of the members of this forum - Chillen - tried the P90X with very good results. He would be the perfect person to ask.

Soldier 08-02-2012 11:38 AM

I've done it, and my results were actually really awesome. Same thing for my wife. I also developed awesome flexability that i actually held on to pretty well. The yoga is absolutely brutal, along with the ab workouts. Dont discount it. Theres a reason so many people like it. For someone just getting into fitness, or someone who needs prompting to really do a balanced program, i think p90x is a good thing.

BendtheBar 08-02-2012 11:45 AM

Just curious, does the program have a solid resale value on Ebay, etc?

Tannhauser 08-02-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeheep (Post 264768)
I started my weight loss on P90X, I got bored very quickly. I liked the weight lifting aspects of it, so I dropped P90X, started with weight lifting only, lost 100 pounds, and here I am......

Good for you, dude. That's an amazing accomplishment.

moeheep 08-02-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 264854)
Good for you, dude. That's an amazing accomplishment.

THANKS, I appreciate that...go to my profile and see some before and after pics...took 6 months to lose it

Tannhauser 08-02-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeheep (Post 264858)
THANKS, I appreciate that...go to my profile and see some before and after pics...took 6 months to lose it

I just took a look. I've sometimes seen transformations like yours on trainer and supplement websites - I always dismiss them because the site is trying to sell me something. So it's great to see a real transformation.

The amount of work and discipline that must have involved - to achieve such a change in six months - is nothing short of awesome.

moeheep 08-02-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 264862)
I just took a look. I've sometimes seen transformations like yours on trainer and supplement websites - I always dismiss them because the site is trying to sell me something. So it's great to see a real transformation.

The amount of work and discipline that must have involved - to achieve such a change in six months - is nothing short of awesome.

600-800 cals a day...some told me it was too extreme, but I did it anyway...It worked for me.

It WAS very hard, especially the "no beer" part. I also worked pretty hard in the gym, I was new, but the others there told me I worked out very intense..I called it driven, and I was. NOTHING was gonna stop me.