Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Critique this split (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10398)

CoopDawg 06-27-2012 04:39 PM

Critique this split

I am trying to basically design a split from reading tons of articles/my own input/common sense and adequate rest. This one comes from an article and looks like basically what i have been doing(more of a chest focus/chest twice a week) except ive been having legs absent basically barely working them, so im gonna post the split for now and maybe anyone that has time can put in the exercises/sets/reps , looking for strength i know that transfers into muscle , and ill put in my own input of course there will be A ROW/BENCH/OHP OR PUSH PRESS/SQUAT/DL/BW-DIPS/CHINS. Thanks for any input you guys share.

Monday - Chest, Triceps and Abs
Tuesday - Quads, Hamstrings and Calves
Thursday - Chest, Shoulders and Abs
Friday - Back and Biceps

wed/sat/sun-off

BendtheBar 06-27-2012 04:56 PM

Bumping this. Was put in MAB workouts by mistake.

CoopDawg 06-27-2012 04:59 PM

My bad btb i guess i done that, sorry for the confusion

CoopDawg 06-27-2012 04:59 PM

whats your input on this btb?

Fazc 06-27-2012 05:02 PM

Welcome back Co-op!

Hazzard 06-27-2012 05:07 PM

How come you're doing chest twice a week mate? Most people over-train their chest and spend a lot of time hunched over so have a very rounded (kyphotic) upper back and so actually need to spend more time doing row work. If you've got a genuine reason then I'm interested to hear it. :)

CoopDawg 06-27-2012 05:16 PM

Thanks fazc gonna keep adding to this thread and hope u can also add, well hazzard my reason may not be good enough, but specifically my back is developed well, when i can get my new phone in the mail here in about 5 days ill post pics . my chest is trailing my back and arms, so i figured this would imply weak point training, it has been working wee so far although ive just been winging it, looking for something more stable.

CoopDawg 06-27-2012 05:42 PM

Im thinkkin monday and thursday chest exercises be rotated maybe inline bench/flat bench/pullovers and then decline bench/flat/flyes,Maybe even do a heavy/light day, for triceps maybe for triceps just closegrip bench and tri extensions or swap tri extensions for heavy dips gonna try and come up with the exercises/sets/reps for all days. will setup a log if i can set this up

CoopDawg 06-27-2012 06:45 PM

any extra time you guys have id appreciate the input, gl and btb need your wisdom also

BigJosh 06-27-2012 07:52 PM

Anytime I see someone trying to put there own routine together and they include more work on one specific bodypart/muscle group than all the others, I personally can't help but to think that that someone has no business trying to put there own routine together.
Just my opinion.