Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Workouts
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Workouts Database of workouts, and workout related resources.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #11
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Snatch
Fav Supp: Elk
Wlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good posts

Very interesting

"There's no such thing as shaping and toning. Only stronger and weaker." -Mark Rippetoe
Wlfdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #12
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Here's another way of looking at gains.

Each of us have a natural potential (from a normalize, non-underweight starting point). This could be 25 pounds, 30, or 35 pounds of muscle.

Consider your potential a glass of water.

The faster you gain, the less you have in the glass to gain in future years.

Potential is potential. You can't will yourself into a greater potential (a larger glass of water), nor can you will yourself into gaining 10-20 more pounds than the great natural bodybuilders of the last 60 years.

Again, this information is presented to help naturals paint a reasonable picture. This forum will never espouse the steroid magazine bullsh*t notion that gains for naturals are unlimited. Life (and the body) doesn't work that way.

Furthermore, I will not allow naturals on this forum to be mislead into believing they can gain 10-20 more pounds than the greater natural bodybuilders of all time. Some of you may not like this, but I will not allow steroid magazine nonsense to be propagated here.
It all makes total sense BTB. The additional nugget (that I think supports the research and argument) is the testosterone factor.

Each of us only produces but so much. And based on how much testosterone you can naturally produce, you can gain and maintain muscle to a certain extent. Above and beyond that, you have to artificially increase testosterone production in order to gain muscle beyond your natural limits.

I haven't seen any research to this point, but it would make sense to me that individuals who slightly exceed these averages may naturally produce, on average, higher levels of testosterone.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Too many things play a part in genetic potential. Am I saying a natural bodybuilder can get 250-300+ lbs stage weight? No, but there is a huge difference in the appearance of the weight we come in at.

And the rate of muscle gain has a lot of factors that mess with that as well.

Look at Josh Hyaduck, one of the top "young" natural pros. Kids been on a BULK-CUT workout/diet plan since he was 14! FOURTEEN!!!!!!!! Kid prolly hadent even hit puberty yet and he knew what a PCF breakdown was and was eating 4-6 meals a day smashing weights, because the only thing he does... is bodybuild. I know this through personal sources and know people that have hung out with the kid and workedout and talked to him. Not only in those first 4 years (14-18) did he gain stupid amounts of mass, it didn't stop there, kids still growing, at a rapid rate as well. Now he's 23 and entering the prime of his manhood, you don't think he's going to gain more? I bet he does.

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I would have thought the muscular mass gains form Cassey Butt that BtB is refering to are once the bones, tissue, etc have come to the end of their natural growth. If you added in mass gained whilst still growing naturally (as in before you stop 'growing') then it would put all the tables out of whack.

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaldo.Gomes View Post
got 6,5 wrists =/

even so, got about 30 pounds within 18 months
with some fat though =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaldo.Gomes View Post
Thank god I don't have any pics from that time

I bet you were not skinny as hell when you started, such as I was.
As I posted in my log:

at the height of 1.85m (6feet)

I was:
57,5kg (126.5lbs)

18 months later
72kg (158.4lbs)

I don't think it's that much of a gain when you're speaking of pretty skinny people
I plan on getting as close to 200lbs as I can
30lbs in 18months of muscle and "some fat"?

you are either Fraudin' or Saucin'.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn

BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
30lbs in 18months of muscle and "some fat"?

you are either Fraudin' or Saucin'.
He never stated his age, puberty is one hell of a thing.

Or our online store!

!

TEAM THOR!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
Reinaldo.Gomes
New Brawn
Points: 656, Level: 13 Points: 656, Level: 13 Points: 656, Level: 13

Training Exp: about 2 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: cheap protein powders
Reinaldo.Gomes is new to the forumReinaldo.Gomes is new to the forum

I was 23 when I started, now I'm 24.
maybe you're not realizing how underweighted I was back then. got about 13pounds in the first 2 months. maybe it's cause a few years ago I had some weight training, but I had no clue about the nutrition role in the whole thing, so it took me 6 months to get 11pounds. needless to say, I lost it all after a few months.
anyway, I know some people who were just as skinny I was, proportionally to their heights, and also got 10 to 15 lbs in the first 3 months. of course gains slowed down quite a bit after that. I see no big deal in that.

edit:
here are some pics I shot yesterday/today (no "before pics" though):

6feet(maybe 6.1, not sure)
158lbs
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

as I said, no big deal, I'm still nowhere near what I want to achieve. still want 45pounds or so.

Last edited by Reinaldo.Gomes; 06-06-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Reinaldo.Gomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #18
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn

I don't doubt you at all man, everyone is different and have different genetics and metabolisms.

All I have to say on the subject is...

Wait til my next offseason, Ill blow those numbers off the charts.

Or our online store!

!

TEAM THOR!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #19
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
He never stated his age, puberty is one hell of a thing.
I agree. My increase is even more unbelievable than that! But I started when I was 19.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
Too many things play a part in genetic potential. Am I saying a natural bodybuilder can get 250-300+ lbs stage weight? No, but there is a huge difference in the appearance of the weight we come in at. Not only in those first 4 years (14-18) did he gain stupid amounts of mass, it didn't stop there, kids still growing, at a rapid rate as well. Now he's 23 and entering the prime of his manhood, you don't think he's going to gain more? I bet he does.

I bet he gains little. No disrespect meant.

Kyle you need to study the research a bit more. The research by Casey Butt was on the genetic freaks - 300 champions - of the last 60 years.

Sure Josh might gain a few pounds. He's not at his potential yet (that I know of). But no one's going to exceed the best naturals in the history of the sport by 10-20 pounds because of "genetics." The top level genetic potential numbers are the genetic freaks.

Set aside these charts and study natural potential....

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/rea...surements.html

Kyle I respect you, but you are putting down serious and extensive research that actually is helping people form realistic goals on natural lifting, all because you don't want it to be true. Casey Butt is far from the only man on this planet that has studied natural potential. And they have all arrived at about the same numbers.

No one will beat these 300 natural champions by 10-20 pounds or more of muscle. This is an insult to these champions, and to the natural realm in general. These champions were genetic elites, and trained with amazing intensity.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-07-2011 at 08:02 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote