Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Workouts
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Workouts Database of workouts, and workout related resources.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #21
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

These are some articles on the site by Casey Butt. I will be using these as a reference source for a lot about what we will be talking about. They are worth your time to read.

I have to go back and re read several of them myself. My next post on tearing apart the Reeves classic routine will refer to these articles.

The rules of weight training.

The Rules Of Productive Weight Training For The Drug-Free Trainee Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

A series on, planning, putting together, and performing routines.

Making A Strength/Size Routine Part I: Exercise Selection Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Making A Strength/Size Routine Part II: Exercise Sequence Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Making A Strength/Size Routine Part III: Sets And Reps And How To Perform Them Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Making A Strength/Size Routine Part IV: Training Frequency Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Making A Strength/Size Routine Part V: Splitting Your Routine Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #22
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default An article about John Grimek.

John Grimek: Insightful Look & Interview with Bodybuilder John Grimek

John Grimek: Insightful Look & Interview with Bodybuilder John Grimek..

John Grimek was born in Perth Amboy, New Jersey, on June 17,1910. His mother died when he was little. John grew up with a passion to become as strong and muscular as the strongmen he admired. An influence closer to home was his older brother George, who had a set of weights and trained with some friends. Young John first started playing around with the weights-usually when no one was looking-when he was 12.

By the 1930's the little boy had become a champion weightlifter, representing the United States in the '36 Olympics, and a successful artist's model, traveling all over the Eastern and Midwestern United States. Recruited into the '40 Mr; America contest in New York City against his will, he won that show and every other bodybuilding competition he ever entered, thus gaining his reputation as the first great modern bodybuilder; An exceptional poser with a rugged, muscular physique, he retired from physique performing in 1954 but has continued to train right up to the present. In addition to his stature as the godfather of modern bodybuilding, for years he was the York Barbell Company in the eyes of the bodybuilding public, although he didn't own the company. From 1963 to '85 he was also the editor in chief of Muscular Development, which was then a York publication. In all he spent almost 50 years with the York Barbell Company. Now retired, he and his wife, Angela, still live in York, Pennsylvania, and last year they celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary. They have six children, 12 grandchildren and one great grandchild.

On his initial motivation for weight training:

My first ambition was to be a lifter. At that time there was no such thing as bodybuilding or being a physique person. That was what they call a pretty boy situation-someone who would be strutting around and showing off his muscular development. That had no appeal to me. I just wanted to get the results without being in any kind of parading situation, going around saying, 'Here I am! Look at me! I've got this and that." No, that sort of thing always irked me, and anytime I encountered a person who was always strutting around, I couldn't stand 'em. I just had to walk away because I thought he was a nut. That wasn't the whole idea of training-at least not in my case. And it wasn't the idea of making any money out of the situation either. I simply wanted to get a little stronger and heavier-for, you see, I was sort of undersized when I was young.

How he developed his physique:.......

Last edited by glwanabe; 01-15-2011 at 07:10 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #23
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

ReADY for the breakdown lookin awesome great reads
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #24
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great! Thanks for posting the Grimek info.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #25
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

nice grimek pics also very inspirational
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #26
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Reg Park Early Workout

* Overhead Press 3 x 10-8-6
* Bench Press 3 x 10-8-6
* Barbell Curls 3 x 10-8-6
* Pullovers 3 x 10-8-6
* Squats 3 x 10-8-6

Notes: Perform this workout 2-3 times per week. If you go for three, eliminate the squat for one workout. As always, increase poundages whenever possible, eat right, get adequate rest, and drink lots of water. Remember this: if this routine worked for Reg Park, itíll work for you.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Grimek Power and Bulk Routine

* Overhead Press 5 x 3-5
* Power Cleans 5 x 3
* Bench Press 5 x 3
* Squats 5 x 5
* Deadlifts 5 x 3

Notes: Warm-up for five minutes before working out. Perform this workout three times a week, but eliminate deadlifts on the third workout. Lift as heavy as you can, using 80-90 percent of your 1-rep max. As always, increase poundages whenever possible, eat right, get adequate rest, and drink lots of water.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #28
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Reg Park Early Workout

* Overhead Press 3 x 10-8-6
* Bench Press 3 x 10-8-6
* Barbell Curls 3 x 10-8-6
* Pullovers 3 x 10-8-6
* Squats 3 x 10-8-6

Notes: Perform this workout 2-3 times per week. If you go for three, eliminate the squat for one workout. As always, increase poundages whenever possible, eat right, get adequate rest, and drink lots of water. Remember this: if this routine worked for Reg Park, itíll work for you.
This looks like a perfect beginner-intermediate workout, i like the setup of OHP first
Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 AM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I found it interesting that Grimek and Park at one point both lead with the shoulders.

Coincidentally I just had some newb ream me for calling shoulders a major muscle group. Of course, he has no pictures of himself on his profile, and he has a couple thousand posts.

So it goes...(nod to Vonnegut)

Old 12-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #30
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

couple thousand posts/no picture/trying to call you out-TROLL ALERT!!! Shoulders are a huge muscle group