Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Video
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Video Videos from the Video Directory Section.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #21
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

It obviously has merit when done properly. The problem is when people don't do it properly and still think they're gods.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #22
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Maybe to them they are doing it right, That guy that you follow "Chaos And Pain" Does a lot of shit wrong but it works for him lol, Shit I do stuff wrong and it works for me, Till my back blows out.

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #23
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
Maybe to them they are doing it right, That guy that you follow "Chaos And Pain" Does a lot of shit wrong but it works for him lol, Shit I do stuff wrong and it works for me, Till my back blows out.

I wouldn't say I "follow" him, but I get what you're saying.

I have nothing against Crossfitters. They can train how they like.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #24
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Cross fit is just for runners (marathon) to say "lift weights". They never the less are just stupid endurance athletics. The goal should be with a complex to knock it out in a short amount of time H.I.T.T. but instead they rather do long and boring repetition work that leaves them "toned" which is another word for burning muscle along with fat, to create the unfilled in look of a malnourished athlete. My heartfelt hatred for them comes from the unpractical nature of something with limited functionality and applicability.

I see these type of "trainings" as to "be good at what you have became good at."Seldom if ever is the weight these supple leopards use ever really heavy enough to push oneself or the time frame short enough for it to ever be anaerobic.

Cross fit equals weighted cardio. Which is cool, just not when you try to call yourself a strength athlete. The main problem with cross fit I see is the horrendous use of Olympic moments with the worst form, inefficient, and slow as hell because endurance crap barely develops fast twitch fibers and their static strength sucks because they don't lift heavy enough.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #25
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
I wouldn't say I "follow" him, but I get what you're saying.

I have nothing against Crossfitters. They can train how they like.
everything has merit and everything can work but saying one form of training is top notch and another is lame is in itself lame.

I am sure those lean crossfitters who dead lift 500lbs like nothing and Power clean 255 for reps are looking at most power lifters who out weight them by 100+ lbs and say damn their weak for their size and fat to boot, their health must suck or they could be stunned beyond words at ones success at lifting..who knows.

Whatever gets you to your goals, Improves your health and makes you a accomplished person inside and out is nothing but awesome but there are a few people on here who do crossfit type of work and I am sure trashing their style is a page out of Bodybuilding.com books and we are not BB.com, are we??

But Kipping still sucks!

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #26
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Another comment on cross fit and why speed strength is not really being developed is because they are not recruiting as much muscle fibers or exploding into the weight as a properly trained Olympic lifter, Powerlifter(raw)or Strongman would. Now just to re-comment, I think cross fit style movements are fine for conditioning for mixed martial arts, sports or the 3 disciplines of competition mentioned above, I just don't believe it to be as legitimate as the other 3 mentioned.

The complex in the video would be a lot more harder if it was a clean front squat push press (thruster or w.e its called) to count as each rep to hit instead of 150 total reps divide it by 3 for each movement and lets say 50 sets of those 3 movements back to back or every 15-20 compile it with pull ups because the person would have to recruit more muscles and exert more force, which would leader to more practical strength, better technique, which leads to preventing imbalances, increasing strength as well and ultimately preventing injury while promoting efficient movement.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #27
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default Not directly directing this to you MMA Max ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
everything has merit and everything can work but saying one form of training is top notch and another is lame is in itself lame.
AGREED
I am sure those lean crossfitters who dead lift 500lbs like nothing and Power clean 255 for reps are looking at most power lifters who out weight them by 100+ lbs and say damn their weak for their size and fat to boot, their health must suck or they could be stunned beyond words at ones success at lifting..who knows.

Possibly but they would be lying to themselves because no male beginner starts off with cross fit and is able to get that strong. Most of the strong cross fitters online did lw strongman competitions, were gym rats or were another type of intermediate lifter before they went into cross fit.Just making the side crap I am writing clear that its not the movements of cross fit that are wrong or stupid as much as the ideas and philosophy that is limiting and counter-productive to overall success and achievement.

Whatever gets you to your goals, Improves your health and makes you a accomplished person inside and out is nothing but awesome but there are a few people on here who do crossfit type of work and I am sure trashing their style is a page out of Bodybuilding.com books and we are not BB.com, are we??

I agree here
Not directly directing this to you MMA Max just trying to clarify the motive of my opinion so on lookers will understand why I am saying what I am saying and which context I am taking on the issue itself.

Just an extra addition, cross fit training is fine in my book if it is 1-3 days out of the week paired with other training for a certain goal. Cross-fit competitions in my book though are stupid and have no real set goal. Cardio is not a challenge its an obstacle, and anything that helps you live longer can't really be called competitive now, can it? hahaha

Last edited by Bodybygamma; 06-11-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add about training & competition
Old 06-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #28
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Dude, besides the kipping thing, those guys that do the king kong shit are beasts. That is impressive, I would never do it however.

...Actually, watching it makes me not even want to lift lol...

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #29
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Oh dear.

LtL

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-03-2011 at 04:48 PM.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #30
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Clarify this for me. Those were not 45's or 20kg plates correct? No way some of those folks were pressing 405, let alone getting it off the floor. I am still learning olympic lifts, but I don't recall ever reading or watching clean the bar to the waist, change grip and then pull it the rest of the way to the shoulders. This video just totally blew my mind.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote