Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The secret to getting big. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4798)

Rich Knapp 11-28-2010 08:45 PM

The secret to getting big.

I don't support riods but this dood says it how it is. LISTON
Gregg Valentino Expelling the Myths

BendtheBar 11-28-2010 08:54 PM

Good message about listening to your body.

jslep 11-28-2010 09:17 PM

the message about listening to your body is spot on but valentino is so full of BS and so full of himself that i have a hard time listening to a word he says.

Rich Knapp 11-28-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslep (Post 96954)
the message about listening to your body is spot on but valentino is so full of BS and so full of himself that i have a hard time listening to a word he says.

What part you think is BS?

jslep 11-29-2010 06:58 AM

valentino is preaching about how the workout industry is crap and he knows more than 99.9% of the pro bodybuilders out there. he also goes on to say later that they are successful because they know their own bodies so well. he basically called them idiots and genius's in the same interview. he also has interviews ripping the supplement industry and workout video's yet he has both of these. so he's saying the rest are a waste of time and money but not his..........i think he is a self centered, self serving babbling moron. if he knew so much he wouldn't have done the shit to his body that he did and he would have been satisfied with the great looking physique he had before his supposed steroid abuse started.

the message about knowing your body like i already said is spot on i just don't like to listen to the man delivering it.

Rich Knapp 11-29-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslep (Post 96982)
valentino is preaching about how the workout industry is crap and he knows more than 99.9% of the pro bodybuilders out there. he also goes on to say later that they are successful because they know their own bodies so well. he basically called them idiots and genius's in the same interview. he also has interviews ripping the supplement industry and workout video's yet he has both of these. so he's saying the rest are a waste of time and money but not his..........i think he is a self centered, self serving babbling moron. if he knew so much he wouldn't have done the shit to his body that he did and he would have been satisfied with the great looking physique he had before his supposed steroid abuse started.

the message about knowing your body like i already said is spot on i just don't like to listen to the man delivering it.

Well to a piont.
YES all the w/o vids are nothing more than a tweek of some one elses program and they ARE as all the mag pic right before or after a comp.

He just has the balls to say it as it is. You think a w/o vid or mag would sell with a bunch of bulking fat BBer in them. Its all presentation.
IF you followed him he also does seminars about the dangers of riods now.

Trust me He isn't the only BBer that Has the balls and has made a video about the sales games in the fittness world.

How do you think these Pro's that don't work suport the habbits and life style? It sure isn't from a check once a year. After taxes and such that no way suports them. They need another income.
I'm not saying its not good reading of a vid. But they are not the Holly Grail or Answer. And thats what he is saying.

I know for a fact some of the w/o's put in Flex are wrote by a guy behind a desk and are added to the pro's pic.
Why don't the Pro's say anything?????
1 word = ROYALTIES.

The piont he is driving home is lissen to your body. DON'T buy a book or video and think it will fix all your problems and you will be big over night.
These are ment to be aids, NOT FIX ALLs.

BendtheBar 11-29-2010 02:40 PM

I think the issue here is that the messenger is often controversial, which can cloud how we hear the message. Sure his chest pounding on how smart he is can be off-putting, but I think his point is pretty important.