Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Obese (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12942)

Cutty 03-18-2013 02:18 PM

Obese

What are your thoughts? I think there's some good info in it.

Beverly McD 03-18-2013 02:32 PM

Not politically correct. :D

He pretty much hit the nail on the head.

bruteforce 03-18-2013 02:51 PM

Fatties gonna fat. That being said, I'm fat. I'm also strong as hell, so that mitigates it somewhat. Its a choice I made, and when I decide that a truly want to be thinner, that will happen too.

Beverly McD 03-18-2013 03:21 PM

A healthy 10 year old boy should be able to knock out 10 jumping jacks in a heartbeat.

My son tried to go the 'I just want to be left alone to play my video games" route.
Much like this guy suggests, I tossed his little behind outside haha!
He had a great time that summer, cutting down saplings and building a fort in the woods.

Kids usually take the path of least resistance. The parents have to step up and push the issue.

Bear 03-18-2013 03:45 PM

You are right to push him outside. I grew up very overweight and have battled with it my entire life. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and they will thank you one day.

Beverly McD 03-19-2013 07:22 AM

In my mind at least it isn't about whether or not a kid is carrying some fat on him/her.
It's about whether or not there is enough muscle under the fat for them to be able to enjoy the benefit of having a healthy, strong body.

Off Road 03-19-2013 07:58 AM

I allow my sons to play video games for an hour or slightly more, but only three days a week and only after they've completed their homework, music practice, and workouts.

Beverly McD 03-19-2013 08:23 AM

You're TOUGH Off Road :D

Wish I would have made mine do the music lessons.

Off Road 03-19-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverly McD (Post 338570)
You're TOUGH Off Road :D

All their friends at school think I am too strict. They don't want to come over to our house after school because they know they will have to sit down and do their homework right away. Honestly, my kids love school, music, sports and workouts. I think because we've made good decisions a habit for them. That makes it pretty easy to be "strict" with them :)

bruteforce 03-19-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 338578)
All their friends at school think I am too strict. They don't want to come over to our house after school because they know they will have to sit down and do their homework right away. Honestly, my kids love school, music, sports and workouts. I think because we've made good decisions a habit for them. That makes it pretty easy to be "strict" with them :)

Wait, wait wait. You're telling me you're a GOOD parent? Shame on you, thats got to be racist or something.

We need more like you OR.