Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

It begins with the personal Interview of the trainee (in this case a hypothetical overweight or severely overweight individual).

This can be implemented in a variety of different ways where the questions asked have the point of soliciting answers that will more appropriately setup diet mechanics and training to the persons individual particulars. People are going to vary in age, structured body type (as not all overweight, or severely overweight individuals are put together the same), and individual particulars need to be considered.

Once these questions are answered, and dependent on the content of these answers, the person can be pointed to a basic template of diet and training routines, in which advance as the person progresses.

How the above is actually structured, depends on the audience you want to reach, and some educated assumptions inferred. What do I mean by educated assumptions? It can be clearly stated that the e-book assumes one is medically cleared and healthy, and has no known physical complications or disabilities (as these bring different sorts of approaches, dependent on the complication, injury, or disability).

If you want I can setup, the "Personal Interview" questionnaire, and post it here.

But the e-book, needs to have a rolling structured format, which clearly defined intentions, and targeted audience.

Best wishes,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-18-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Concentrate on losing inches (in the right places) and not just scale weight.

Always weigh and measure on the same day, first thing in the morning and after doing your bathroom business. I your measurements are off one week, take into account what you ate the day before and most of all don't panic. If the next week's measurements are still not moving right make a change.

Always change one thing at a time. That way you can see if it works. Remember you are an individual and not everything works for everyone. Experiment and always think long term.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #13
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
It begins with the personal Interview of the trainee (in this case a hypothetical overweight or severely overweight individual).

This can be implemented in a variety of different ways where the questions asked have the point of soliciting answers that will more appropriately setup diet mechanics and training to the persons individual particulars. People are going to vary in age, structured body type (as not all overweight, or severely overweight individuals are put together the same), and individual particulars need to be considered.

Once these questions are answered, and dependent on the content of these answers, the person can be pointed to a basic template of diet and training routines, in which advance as the person progresses.

How the above is actually structured, depends on the audience you want to reach, and some educated assumptions inferred. What do I mean by educated assumptions? It can be clearly stated that the e-book assumes one is medically cleared and healthy, and has no known physical complications or disabilities (as these bring different sorts of approaches, dependent on the complication, injury, or disability).

If you want I can setup, the "Personal Interview" questionnaire, and post it here.

But the e-book, needs to have a rolling structured format, which clearly defined intentions, and targeted audience.

Best wishes,

Chillen
Steve how is this coming along? Have we decided anything? I posted some thoughts and questions, I think are important.

Where are we on this? Some threads can get forgotten or lost, so I thought I would bring this back from the dead

Best wishes

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Eating for the overweight trainee. How should a moderate to severely overweight beginner eat during the first year when looking to build muscle?

Notes to participants:

1) Participants should ignoring how others respond and not just chime in with "what he said", if this makes sense. This doesn't mean answers have to be long. I would just prefer them to be independent of what others are saying.

2) Answers can be as long or short as you desire. I want this e-book to be organic and not something that becomes a burden for those responding.
A moderately overweight beginner may not need to alter their caloric intake at all since the act of working out will be enough to burn calories and building muscle is going to need fuel; working on building muscle may be enough to take care of any excess weight in the form of bodyfat, at least in the beginning.

A severely overweight person would probably need to cut some calories alongside the workout.

Though, it would be wise to ditch junk foods, in both instances, especially if they're being consumed en masse and have an 80/20 diet set-up; 80% based on the generally accepted healthy foods and the 20% for the remainder of the intake.

Bodyfat and lean mass should be monitored alongside the intake and adjustments should be made as necessary until the lifter reaches a stable base to work from.