Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #191
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks Fazc. Appreciate all the time you've put into this thread.
Much love mate! It's good to feel appreciated.

You've contributed to firing up training no end as well. But it doesn't stop here, we're far from done!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #192
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
we're far from done!
Far from done. Sweet words.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #193
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

CNS was trashed today and I view this as a very good thing, 4 workouts into my week and I feel like I am accomplishing what I am supposed to accomplish.

Body feels good. No aches or strains. Just heavy weight and a rebelling CNS.

It's very rare for to get to the point where my CNS is telling me to slow. Learning a lot of good things.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #194
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Yep, that's good to hear Steve, it certainly is a positive thing. The more trashed you feel toward the end of the loading period, the more you'll guarantee an adaptation response. Looking at it within the context of what you can recover from it's good to know the SQ/DL every day is certainly do-able.

Looking long-term I'd like to move toward more frequency on the lifts. Certainly the next step will see me Squatting heavy 3 times in the week followed by Deadlift variations. Like so:

Day 1 : Bench Press
Day 2 : Squat, Deadlifts
Day 3 : CGBP
Day 4 : Squats, SLDL
Day 5 : Bench Press
Day 6 : Squats, Partial Deadlifts
Day 7 : OFF

The next step after that could well be Squats every day, Deadlifts three days a week with Benching done three days also. Like so:

Day 1 : Bench Press, Squats
Day 2 : Squat, Deadlifts
Day 3 : CGBP, Squats
Day 4 : Squats, SLDL
Day 5 : Bench Press, Squats
Day 6 : Squats, Partial Deadlifts
Day 7 : OFF

Or I could well just jump in to that! However I'm somewhat torn between making gradual changes and just jumping in and expecting some less than stellar workouts amongst the pile.

At that stage I imagine I would need some variation in the Squats, at least to reintroduce Raw Squats and possibly stick with some equipped variations such as partials could give me enough variety to cover everything but still enough of actual Squatting to progress.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #195
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

At that stage I imagine I would need some variation in the Squats,
The middle two workouts are a mental grind for me. This is where I plan on introducing chains come the new year.

I don't mind training the lifts more frequently but entering a workout it's nice to have a specific goal that is different each day. I'm sure that will develop organically overtime.

I like my current setup. Placing chain squats, close grips and (I need to find) a deadlift variation in the middle of the week will help me.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #196
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I vote deficit deadlifts.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #197
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I vote deficit deadlifts.

LtL
I did those unknowingly for 3 straight years. I am thinking chains

Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #198
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

How did that happen, smaller plates?
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #199
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple X View Post
How did that happen, smaller plates?
Exactly.

Wal-mart 45 pounders. They are 1.5 to 1.75 inches shy of a proper diameter. I only started deadlifting in 2007 after purchasing these plates so I had no idea they were low.

First time I deadlifted in a commercial gym the bar seemed too high. I did some research and found out my plates were undersized.

I now deadlift off of wood blocks to achieve the proper height.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #200
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Incredible thread and right up my alley. I've taken it on the chin so many times for my frequency.
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote