Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Resources (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bench Slingshot (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6678)

thumpinos 07-01-2011 02:09 PM

Bench Slingshot

Has anyone tried the slingshot for benching?

Home of the Sling Shot

BendtheBar 07-01-2011 02:16 PM

It looks promising as a bench training tool. I like the possibility of saving the shoulders some wear and tear.

I just ordered one. We'll see how it goes...

J_Byrd 07-01-2011 03:00 PM

We have a Ram. Training partner loves it. He had some major shoulder issues, but he can wear it and have no problems when benching.

BendtheBar 07-01-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 149508)
We have a Ram. Training partner loves it. He had some major shoulder issues, but he can wear it and have no problems when benching.

I get shoulder strains from benching 275+ too frequently. I am really hoping this will help some. Training at home, and having limited cash, alone really limits how funky I can get. Would be nice to work heavy weight more consistently without as much physical penalty.

I'm pretty strong off the chest. It's the mid-bench that is hardest for me.

Aurik 07-01-2011 04:32 PM

Steve, I'd love to hear how it works out for you. I'm tempted to drive down to House of Pain and buy one...

BendtheBar 07-01-2011 04:36 PM

Every review I've read has been good. Can't wait.

Ryano 07-01-2011 05:19 PM

I've got both a slingshot and a Titan RAM. Both give you some support at the bottom and keep you in a good groove to prevent injury. BUT, the RAM is much better made, made in U.S.A. and will last much longer. Slingshot is made in Asia. I'll be at USPF Nat'ls next weekend at the O'hare Crown Plaza hotel in Chicago with some RAMs for sale. I'm working a booth for Ken Anderson Powerlifting. If you want to try one out, come out and see me.

BendtheBar 07-01-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryano (Post 149538)
I've got both a slingshot and a Titan RAM. Both give you some support at the bottom and keep you in a good groove to prevent injury. BUT, the RAM is much better made, made in U.S.A. and will last much longer. Slingshot is made in Asia. I'll be at USPF Nat'ls next weekend at the O'hare Crown Plaza hotel in Chicago with some RAMs for sale. I'm working a booth for Ken Anderson Powerlifting. If you want to try one out, come out and see me.

Crud. That's what I get for my impulse buy. Thank goodness they are fairly inexpensive.

Abaddon 07-01-2011 11:28 PM

There's going to be a Slingshot-sponsored benching event in my home town on the 7th. Several of the guys from Strongman WA will be there for a laugh - I will try it out and report back.

Not that I know squat about shirted benching. I just want to see how much it bumps my bench numbers up.

BendtheBar 07-02-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 149585)
I just want to see how much it bumps my bench numbers up.

I didn't realize this type of product was big yet. I saw it at the Arnold but hadn't seen it prior.