Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Resources (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Belts (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2755)

Bodybygamma 04-03-2010 01:07 PM

Belts

I think this would make a good sticky if I had links for different sites that sell belts :

Elite FTS Economy Belt

Inzer Economy Belt

Inzer Belts

Apts ProWristStaps

Crain's Power Belts

Toro Belt- Titan

Bob's Belts

Cardillo Belts

onetiredkris 04-03-2010 08:55 PM

Have any reviews/opinions/preferences/tips?

I've never worn a belt and am considering getting one.

kman025 04-03-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetiredkris (Post 44684)
Have any reviews/opinions/preferences/tips?

I've never worn a belt and am considering getting one.

same.

this has been broughten up in the past and the other people seem to preach inzer for quality/price

BendtheBar 04-03-2010 10:28 PM

I've used Crain and the belt is custom made. Good quality.

Bodybygamma 04-04-2010 01:01 AM

Inzer economy is good starter belt but hard to get used to for those who never used a power-lifting belt. Very stiff at first, needs to be broken in, also double prong belts are hard to put on and harder to take off, really sucks if its too tight and you can't breathe good to take off.

Crain's belt's look very good, I highly recommend Single Prong if possible with any belt, just easier = better.

1st belt should be relatively cheap but good quality 30-60$ worth. You don't want to invest too much if you don't know what is best for you.Most good belts are made from the combination of leather and suede, making sure they last long. You don't want no cheap nike belt, or valeo belt. IMO even Schiek belts are crap for their price compared to the brands I listed.

Lever belts are very comfortable and easy to put on and off, but a pain to unscrew and re-screw to adjust weight, so good for someone with a steady weight pattern, or for specific lifts that the size is set just right.

Taper belts are good for bodybuilder types who are used to regular belts, but need extra support. Elite Fts has a decent one I own but I like powerlifting belts better. Tapper belts allow a bit more breathing room and a bit more mobility.

8mm vs 13mm is just a matter of thickness, the bigger number being thicker obviously.

Bodybygamma 04-14-2010 06:08 PM

In addition most company's set the size from the middle prong hole, waist size is not based on pants size,so pull out the measuring tape and stop lying to your self.

BendtheBar 04-14-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodybygamma (Post 48084)
In addition most company's set the size from the middle prong hole, waist size is not based on pants size,so pull out the measuring tape and stop lying to your self.

And measure around the gut, not under it.

:chow::chow::chow:

Shaolinkiwi 04-14-2010 06:52 PM

Great tips / info guys. I've been needing to purchase a belt for a while now and wasn't sure where to start.

ThickLegs McDeadlift 05-23-2010 10:46 PM

I have the elite belt, and I love it.

tartanite 02-22-2011 03:56 PM

any one use the EliteFTS belt at a USAPL comp (does it fall into line with there specs/requirements)? There pretty touchy about RAW equipment and i cannot get a hold of any one at EliteFTS to get my question answered (not a knock on Elite, i love there stuff and its probably a good thing there too busy to answer the phones, from a biz stand point)