Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #61
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Busy at work right now, will be back.

Wheat is the main grain to stay away from. Other grains should still be thought of as filler foods when meat and plants are scarce.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #62
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Obviously clean and dirty are a bit relative. I don't know if it's possible to have a hard line on the difference.

Typical thinking, of course, is that refined sugars and saturated fats are dirty and should be kept to a minimum. That's not that out there, or that abnormal, or, frankly, that hard to deal with.

I'm definately on the side of thinking that there are better ways than cramming in a bunch of saturated fats and sugars into your diet just to get extra calories. There are smarter ways to do it.

And, fairly enough, to simply throw anything into a 'dirty' category when there are clean versions of it wouldn't be fair. I eat cheese all the time. But I stick to low fat or fat free versions of it. I eat beef a LOT. But it's lean beef. Same with milk. Of course, I'm not bulking either...so.........

I'm not sure I follow on the grain avoidance thing though. Never heard that before. Wherein is avoiding whole wheat helpful?
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #63
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkprophet View Post
I'm not sure I follow on the grain avoidance thing though. Never heard that before. Wherein is avoiding whole wheat helpful?
Be Kind to Your Grains...And Your Grains Will Be Kind To You
Old 04-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #64
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
Well **** lets get right down to brass tacks them shall we?

Just what is a clean calorie and a dirty calorie? Is clean meat without fat? Is clean only whole foods but not certain foods? Who's certain foods? Paleo-maniacs say carbs are evil, so all you clean rice eating mothertruckers are going to satan's lair. Old lifters ate milk and beef and cream and butter and that was once a clean diet but now it's dirty because of fat I imagine.

So most fat is evil? And clean carbs are good? From what I've read too many carbs from grains are an issue. So where does that leave us?

Now cheese is dirty. I suppose whole milk is dirty too, and any beef with fat. And butter. So what the hell do we eat all day? Asparagus and chicken breasts?

Come on man seriously. Every one eats dirty. You may say you don't but there might be one fool out there that eats clean 100% of the time. God speed to you friend! Every time I read the words of someone saying they eat clean all the time sure as **** they don't.

Clean and dirty has to be defined by some parameters. What are your parameters? Salt? Quality carbs? Fat? What kind of fat?

If you don't eat beef milk or cheese and you eat clean just what do you eat all day? If a hardgainer needs to eat 5k cals a day what is he supposed to eat? 4 bags of broccoli, 8 chicken breasts and 3 pounds of wild rice? Every day forever?

Bro pass the pizza.

I even some some brilliant mind clean eater say he eats clean yet he drinks chocolate milk after his workout. I'm not against chocolate milk but it has more sugar then a coke.

I've seen it all. Carbs are bad. Beef is bad. Milk is bad. Butter is bad. Cheese is bad. Theres really nothing left but chicken and green veggies.
Nice post

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #65
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Wheaty Indiscretions: What Happens to Wheat, from Seed to Storage
Old 04-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #66
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Eat your fat.

Adventures in Macro-Nutrient Land
Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #67
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
That site is amazing. I could lose weeks there.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #68
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

All this typing of words. Anything more then 5 sentences is a waste of calories. If your are arguing your not eating, shame on your. Your not a man if you don't weight over 200lbs so keep gaining ladies.The 1st rule about RhodesTown is we don't talk about RhodesTown.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #69
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
All this typing of words. Anything more then 5 sentences is a waste of calories. If your are arguing your not eating, shame on your. Your not a man if you don't weight over 200lbs so keep gaining ladies.The 1st rule about RhodesTown is we don't talk about RhodesTown.
Yeah, well....I won't hit over 200 lbs of lean mass unless I get on the gear train. I consider myself a bodybuilder not a power lifter. I can easily get over 200 and I've been up to 212 and felt strong. I looked big with a shirt on, but like sh!t without a shirt. I was fat and strong as I've ever been.

So, if you are a Power Lifter, there's really no point debating in this discussion. And I promise you I look like a man brother....no lady looks here

If you want to debate it, let's have your (anyone here) best picture EVER of looking like a bodybuilder.

Last edited by RickB; 04-30-2010 at 01:34 PM.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #70
swoleramon
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

swoleramon is new to the forumswoleramon is new to the forum

Could someone please post an example of a clean diet. I think that would help us who are still trying to understand what clean foods are.