Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #51
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Seriously though, here are my staples;
Real boneless chicken breast,
Lean beef, cuts or ground,
Tuna and other fish,
Any grains or pasta are whole wheat,
Whey and casein proteins,
Some whole fruits not canned, used in shakes mostly,
Milk and Cottage cheese,
Lots of green veggies as fillers.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #52
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Can somebody show me a webpage that can define clean calories and dirty calories? So far as I can find a calorie is simply a measure of potential heat energy.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #53
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Good clean dirty eating.

Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans
Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #54
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Can somebody show me a webpage that can define clean calories and dirty calories? So far as I can find a calorie is simply a measure of potential heat energy.
Well **** lets get right down to brass tacks them shall we?

Just what is a clean calorie and a dirty calorie? Is clean meat without fat? Is clean only whole foods but not certain foods? Who's certain foods? Paleo-maniacs say carbs are evil, so all you clean rice eating mothertruckers are going to satan's lair. Old lifters ate milk and beef and cream and butter and that was once a clean diet but now it's dirty because of fat I imagine.

So most fat is evil? And clean carbs are good? From what I've read too many carbs from grains are an issue. So where does that leave us?

Now cheese is dirty. I suppose whole milk is dirty too, and any beef with fat. And butter. So what the hell do we eat all day? Asparagus and chicken breasts?

Come on man seriously. Every one eats dirty. You may say you don't but there might be one fool out there that eats clean 100% of the time. God speed to you friend! Every time I read the words of someone saying they eat clean all the time sure as **** they don't.

Clean and dirty has to be defined by some parameters. What are your parameters? Salt? Quality carbs? Fat? What kind of fat?

If you don't eat beef milk or cheese and you eat clean just what do you eat all day? If a hardgainer needs to eat 5k cals a day what is he supposed to eat? 4 bags of broccoli, 8 chicken breasts and 3 pounds of wild rice? Every day forever?

Bro pass the pizza.

I even some some brilliant mind clean eater say he eats clean yet he drinks chocolate milk after his workout. I'm not against chocolate milk but it has more sugar then a coke.

I've seen it all. Carbs are bad. Beef is bad. Milk is bad. Butter is bad. Cheese is bad. Theres really nothing left but chicken and green veggies.
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #55
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Strong article.

Quote:
The Indians are hit harder and faster than the rest of us because they are only two generations away from the "old way" of life, based on game animals and fish. Uncle Sam will never admit that the Indians were tall, lean and healthy just two generations ago. If ever someone wanted proof that humans weren't designed to eat a grain-based diet, look at the American Indian population-almost all of them are battling overweight, diabetes, and heart disease. Addictions are common. Yet many Indians have vivid memories of life before federal handouts, a time when diabetes and other diseases of civilization were unheard of among the Indians.
I guess that ****s on Joe Bodybuilder's staple. So he's not clean.
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #56
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
Well **** lets get right down to brass tacks them shall we?

Just what is a clean calorie and a dirty calorie? Is clean meat without fat? Is clean only whole foods but not certain foods? Who's certain foods? Paleo-maniacs say carbs are evil, so all you clean rice eating mothertruckers are going to satan's lair. Old lifters ate milk and beef and cream and butter and that was once a clean diet but now it's dirty because of fat I imagine.

So most fat is evil? And clean carbs are good? From what I've read too many carbs from grains are an issue. So where does that leave us?

Now cheese is dirty. I suppose whole milk is dirty too, and any beef with fat. And butter. So what the hell do we eat all day? Asparagus and chicken breasts?

Come on man seriously. Every one eats dirty. You may say you don't but there might be one fool out there that eats clean 100% of the time. God speed to you friend! Every time I read the words of someone saying they eat clean all the time sure as **** they don't.

Clean and dirty has to be defined by some parameters. What are your parameters? Salt? Quality carbs? Fat? What kind of fat?

If you don't eat beef milk or cheese and you eat clean just what do you eat all day? If a hardgainer needs to eat 5k cals a day what is he supposed to eat? 4 bags of broccoli, 8 chicken breasts and 3 pounds of wild rice? Every day forever?

Bro pass the pizza.

I even some some brilliant mind clean eater say he eats clean yet he drinks chocolate milk after his workout. I'm not against chocolate milk but it has more sugar then a coke.

I've seen it all. Carbs are bad. Beef is bad. Milk is bad. Butter is bad. Cheese is bad. Theres really nothing left but chicken and green veggies.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
EXACTLY!

Check the link I posted about how the Native Americans ate, and thrived.

There is nothing wrong with fat, fat is healthy!

If your trying to add weight your going to find it very hard to do so with a nutrient dense diet. You simply have to have some calorie dense foods to supply enough energy for your body to grow.

So far as I know. Your far better off with more fat in your diet than an excess of grains. Eat all the veggies you want, but watch how much grain you consume. Healthy fats are better than grains when trying to tank up to your calorie needs, once nutrient needs are met.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #57
gaspers04
Max Brawn

gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I guess we should all stop eating now!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #58
gaspers04
Max Brawn

Hey guys, I'm hungry.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #59
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
I guess we should all stop eating now!
No, don't stop eating. Just don't eat the way the FDA says you should eat.

Read the article, and eat like hunter gatherers do. Meat, fish, fats, veggies, eat real food, but stay away from certain foods. Mainly grains.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #60
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Stay away from Grains? Whut? I eat grains! I don't eat flour products though.

On Fats: Not all fats are created equal. Soooo.....you guys can have your cheese with all that saturated fat...and even though I LUVS ME SUM cheese, it ain't gonna be in my diet very often at all.

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Cheese, cheddar

And Steve, the dirty bulk comment was after plucking things that I couldn't recommend like burritos, mac & cheese, & cheese. Not super good imo.

There are just smarter ways to do this imo! More difficult and disciplined...yes! But better end result guaranteed!
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote